11th February 2015, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for post graduation course if I have completed B.E mechanical?

Dear Sir,

I am B.E.Mech, can I apply for post graduation?

What is the procedure to follow?

11th February 2015, 04:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for post graduation course if I have completed B.E mechanical?

Yes, after completion of Bachelor degree (B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) you can pursue Post Graduation i.e., M.E/ M.Tech. There are several entrance examinations available for admission into post graduate courses. The best entrance examination, you can give is GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) entrance examination, through which you can get admission in top level engineering colleges, universities for admission into M.E/ M.Tech courses. After qualifying this GATE Examination, you will be admitted in respective engineering colleges based on GATE Score and there you can choose available stream based on your score. Apart from this, there are several state level entrance examinations conducted by separate state governments and individual organization's M.Tech Entrance Examinations.

List of Best M.E/ M.Tech Specializations:

> M.E (Computer Integrated Manufacturing)
> M.E (Thermal Engineering)
> M.E (Manufacturing Engineering)
> M.E (Automobile Engineering)
> M.E (Industrial Engineering)
> M.E (Material Technology)
> M.E (Product Design and Development)
11th February 2015, 05:46 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for post graduation course if I have completed B.E mechanical?

Procedure to pursue post graduation :-

- You can definitely pursue post graduation. Try to maintain a good aggregate in your graduation as it reflects in your career record.
- You need to appear in the entrance exam based on which the universities across the country take admission. There are All-India based exams as well as regional and exams conducted by private universities.
- You need to score well in them. Then you need to attend the counselling where you can choose your branch and institute. Hence you need to prepare well for the entrance exam right from your undergraduate course period.
- Sometimes, you will be called by certain institutes and you need to clear group discussion and interview to get admission in them.

For example, if you want to pursue MBA, then you need to appear in CAT or XAT or CMAT or other private college's entrance exam. Then you need to clear the group discussion and interview round in the concerned college to get admission in it.
11th February 2015, 08:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Post Graduation course after completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university. To get admission in Post Graduation course, you need to appear in entrance examinations like GATE, CAT, etc. If you are interested to do Post Graduation in M.Tech course, then, you need to appear in GATE examination. If you are interested to do Post Graduation in MBA course,then, you need to appear in CAT examination. By qualifying the entrance examinations, based upon your entrance examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in Post Graduation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?