24th October 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech after B.Sc?

I am doing B.Sc in mathematics, physics and computer science. I want to do M.Tech. Is it possible for me or not? Can I do M.Tech after B.Sc? Please tell me.

24th October 2016, 11:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech after B.Sc?

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology.

Eligibility criteria for M.Tech course:

1. The academic qualification required for M.Tech course is bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. Other than B.Tech, those who have done master's degree in science can also apply for entrance exam of M.Tech.

2. Entrance exam for M.Tech is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Bachelor of Science candidates are not eligible for Master of Technology course. You must do Master of science then apply for GATE exam and clear it to pursue this course.
25th October 2016, 03:28 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in M.Tech course after completion of your B.Sc as there is no such provision for it.

The minimum eligibility criteria is such that you should have completed your B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

You will however, have to appear and clear GATE examination and after clearing it, you will be mist eligible for admission in the course mentioned above.
25th October 2016, 08:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing B.Sc in mathematics, physics and computer science. I want to do M.Tech. Is it possible for me or not? Can I do M.Tech after B.Sc? Please tell me.
After completion of B.Sc degree, you can't apply for M.Tech course.

Eligible departments for M.Tech course,

B.Tech/ B.E

MCA

M.Sc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?