5th June 2015, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA without having Mathematics subject?

dear sir, i have an I.P in 11th and in 12th standard as a compulsory subject and i have to do a MCA course is there is any chance of doing MCA without maths?

Related Questions:
  1. In which colleges can I apply for software engineering? Which are the other colleges in Delhi?
  2. How to take admission for BCA after scoring 54% in 12th?
  3. How to join commerce without maths?
  4. Can I do MCA course having passed in Mathematics in Graduation and not having Mathematics in 12th class? Information regarding Entrance Exams for MCA course?
  5. Am I eligible for this year NIMCET Exam having secured 68.8% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 62.25% in Graduation?
  6. Is there any chance for me to do MCA after B.Sc Mathematics?
  7. Am I eligible for MCA if I have studied Mathematics in 11th?
  8. How can I appear in CET MCA entrance exam at Indraprashtha university? I'm in BCA 4th year and did commerce with 60% marks including business mathematics
  9. MCA after B.Com. and mathematics in +2
  10. What should I do if my Maths is weak but theory subjects are good? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in MCA if I do not have any mathematics paper in BCA but I have studied 12th with mathematics? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to do BCA after passing 12th?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for MCA course without doing graduation?
  14. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after completing MCA from Bharathiyar University
  15. Can I do MCA course after completion of B.Sc in Mathematics? Job Opportunities after completion of MCA course?
  16. Am I eligible for MCA in HCU? I am having Mathematics subjects in 12th
  17. Can I appear for NIMCET exam after scoring 60% in 12th commerce subject from JAC board?
  18. Am I eligible to study MCA if pursuing B.A. Economics with Mathematics and Statistics?
5th June 2015, 11:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA without having Mathematics subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir, i have an I.P in 11th and in 12th standard as a compulsory subject and i have to do a MCA course is there is any chance of doing MCA without maths?
If you can do BCA or B.Sc in IT/CS course after completion of 12th standard then you are eligible for MCA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
5th June 2015, 08:38 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for master's of computer applications is a post graduate course.

The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA is that the candidate must hold a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university/ institute.

Candidate must have studied mathematics as a subject in class 10+2 or in any one year of their graduation course.
6th June 2015, 12:36 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, but you have less number of chances available in government colleges, government-aided colleges and top reputed universities. Apart from these, you can get the admission through entrance examination and you have chances in private institutions.

MCA i.e Master of Computer Applications and the duration of this course is 3 years and the course is divided into six semesters. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for this examination the candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for general candidates and 55% marks for reserved categories. Final year of master degree may also apply.

To get admission in MCA course, then the candidate need to crack the entrance examination which is conducted by their respective university. The exam notification will be published in the month of April or May in the respective websites.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?