10th March 2018, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in PSU if studying M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Hi friends, I am doing M.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering from BIET Bapuji Institute of Engineering & Technology in Davanagere. I would like to know that what are my chances to work in any PSU. I want to gain job in PSU after my M.Tech so tell me I can get job in PSU or not.

21st April 2018, 07:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in PSU if studying M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you can get a job in PSU after completion of your M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering course. By securing good score in GATE examination, you can apply for job opportunities in PSUs which are based on GATE examination score. You can also apply for job opportunities of government sectors like Railways, Civil Services, etc., while pursuing your M.Tech course. If you work hard in such a way that you can crack the job, definitely you will get a job in any PSU.
21st April 2018, 09:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can opt for jobs offered from PSU after the completion of M.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their M.Tech degree course from a recognized University can definitely apply for the jobs under PSU.
Candidates must have a valid GATE score card.
22nd April 2018, 07:28 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to get job in Public Sector Undertaking (PSU), you are required to meet the basic eligibility criteria. This criteria generally varies from PSU to PSU. Here is the basic qualification that is required in order to get job in PSU.

>> Candidates must have completed their B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc in Engineering in concerned disciplines from a recognized university. The basic minimum percentage criteria required to be eligible for getting job in PSU is 60% marks in Bachelor's Degree.

>> Besides this, you are required to have a valid GATE score. If you have a high score (merit score) in GATE Entrance Examination, then there is a high possibility for you to get job in the organizations.

>> Hence, if you have a valid GATE Scorecard with good marks I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for PSU jobs with Graduation qualification itself.

>> Some of the PSUs available for Mechanical Engineering candidates are,
* BHEL
* ONGC
* BEML
* NTPC
* HPCL...etc.,
22nd April 2018, 10:51 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely get a job in PSU after completing M.Tech Mechanical Engineering course. Most of the PSUs like NTPC/BHEL/ONGC/HPCL/IOCL recruits the candidates through GATE examination.

However, some PSUs are also there where they conduct their own entrance examination to recruit the candidates. But, it is more preferrable to get a job through GATE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?