28th September 2015, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Which is the difference between Food Science and Food Technology streams?

I want to know about the difference between the two streams i.e. food technology and food science. Please elaborate.

Related Questions:
  1. Old question papers for food science and technology subject?
  2. Details of M.Sc Food Science Technology and Food Science Nutrition courses
  3. Qualification required for the post of Assistant Professor in Food Technology?
  4. Am i eligible for Food Inspector job being physically handicapped?
  5. Should I do M.Tech in Food Technology or Environmental Technology after B.Tech Biotechnology? Which is better? Can I apply for lecturership after doing M.Tech in these streams?
  6. Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?
  7. Are there any Correspondence courses in food technology?
  8. Is M.sc. in Dairy Science a good option in comparison to Food Science stream?
  9. Minimum qualification required for Food Inspector post?
  10. Is it possible to do food technology after B.Pharmacy? Which colleges are offering food technology course?
  11. How to do Ph.D in Food science and Technology through part time or by correspondence? Is it possible to do my Ph.D?
  12. What are the courses after completing intermediate other than BA?
  13. Sample papers of exam to get admission in MSc(Food Technology) in CFTRI Mysore? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which is better in terms of job M.Sc Food Technology or M.Sc Food Science & Technology?
  15. Should I do BSc in food technology from DU and then MBA or B.Tech in food technology? Colleges offering B.Tech in food technology?
  16. Which masters degree is better between M.Sc in food science and technology and M.Sc in Diary Sciences?
  17. Eligibility to get admission in D.Pharmacy for 12th NIOS student?
  18. How to do B.Tech in food technology after doing BSc in Food Technology

29th September 2015, 05:44 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which is the difference between Food Science and Food Technology streams?

Food technology deals with the various technology that is used for preservation as well as technology which is used in the manufacturing of Food substances.
Food Science deals with the science behind the type of food that one should eat.
Food Science deals with teaching the various aspects of food such as nutritive value calories present.
This is the primary and main difference between these streams.

1st October 2015, 06:48 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is the difference between Food Science and Food Technology streams?

Food Technology is a subject which deals with the technology which is used for preservation as well as technology used in the manufacturing process of Food Substances.
On the other side, Food Science is a subject which deals with the science behind the type of food that one should eat and teaches the various aspects of food such as nutritive value.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?