12th July 2015, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

What are eligibility conditions for Law Entrance exam?

I am 19 yrs. I have completed my Graduation in 2012 in Humanities. I want to do LLB. What are eligibility conditions?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the syllabus for CLAT entrance exam for UG law course?
  2. What's the eligibility criteria for LLB? What's the Difference between entrance exam for law after 10+2 and after completing graduation?
  3. Procedure to pursue LLB course? Duration of this course? List of colleges offering this course in Kolkata?
  4. How may I do Law after completing my graduation?What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria? I'm in B.com final year
  5. Date of sale of law application forms? Eligibility criteria for Integrated Law Admission?
  6. Date of issue of the LLB correspondence application form? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which is the best college in Punjab or Chandigarh to do graduation in Law?
  8. How much marks to score for getting admission in good Law school, Kochi?
  9. Information for the entrance exam of Law in Kolkata? What kind of preparation is needed?
  10. Is it possible to apply for LLB(not PG) course after completing B.E?
  11. Eligibility to apply for PhD in Law course in Dr. Ambedkar University for postgraduate?
  12. Can I get my law course transferred to ILS in the second year of the program?
  13. Where is the entrance exam for Law in Mumbai?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria for common entrance test for MBBS in Karnataka?
  15. Can I apply for law after passing B.Com with 42% 18 years back? Eligibility criteria and qualification required?
  16. How can we join Architecture stream by taking science or commerce? What sort of exams are required to join commerce stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Syllabus of t.yb.l.s,l.l.b under mumbai university, and books? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to join LLB after completion of 12th Class with 80% of marks?
12th July 2015, 10:16 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are eligibility conditions for Law Entrance exam?

Yes of course. You are eligible to apply for LLB course. To get admission in LLB course then you need to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by their respective university.

Eligibility Criteria for LLB:

An applicant should have completed 10+2 Pattern in any discipline from a recognized School or equivalent qualification. An Applicant's age should be below 20 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories. Even final year of 12th exam or degree course may also apply.

CLAT i.e Common Law Admission Test is conducted by National Law University Once in a year for admission to LLB and LLM course. CLAT is one of the popular law entrance examination in India.
12th July 2015, 10:23 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for Law entrance exam you need to attend for " CLAT Examination ". So you will have a chance to apply for " UG LLB " program after Graduation with honors.

Eligibility criteria required for UG program ( 3 year LLB course ) :

<> You should complete minimum 10+2 from the recognized university with minimum 45% of marks.

<> There is a Percentage relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates.

<> Age should be in below 20 years and there is a Relaxation of 2 years for reserved candidates.

Final year candidates of graduation in various stream are eligible for CLAT Examination.

If you satisfy all the above requirements you will get eligible for UG Program based on the score of CLAT Examination.
12th July 2015, 11:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of legislative law and it is bachelor degree course after completing which one steps towards becoming a lawyer.

LLB courses are of two types basically which are discussed as below:-

First type of LLB course is of 5 years for which student is required to have a higher secondary school degree or an equivalent to same from a recognized institution.

Second type of LLB course is that which is offered to a student having bachelor's degree with any stream from a recognized university.

The Law entrance examination is known as Common law admission test (CLAT) and is held for the selection of students for their law courses from various National Law Universities.

The basic qualification required for appearing in this examination is a senior secondary degree with at least 45% aggregate and age not exceeding 20 years. Relaxation of 5% aggregate and upper age limit relaxation of 2 years are provided to the SC/ST and PH candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to its official link which is www.clat.ac.in.
13th July 2015, 12:25 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 19 yrs. I have completed my Graduation in 2012 in Humanities. I want to do LLB. What are eligibility conditions?
The law entrance exam is mandatory in order to get LLB admission. You can appear in National level exam or the entrance exam conducted by the respective university based on your interest. Here, I have listed you the LLB entrance exams,

- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
- Kerala Law Entrance Examination
- Law School Admission Test—India (LSAT)
- NALSAR Entrance Test
- NLU Delhi Exam Notification

The educational qualification required for LLB entrance is that, applicants should have a Bachelor degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 45% for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized university. Being a Graduate student you are eligible to apply for the Law entrance exam.
13th July 2015, 04:15 AM
askmenow
Junior Member+

One should have passed graduation for 3 year LLB program with at least 55% and should go through LAWCET entrance exam, on attaining a rank in which you will be eligible for counseling.
13th July 2015, 11:55 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

CLAT exam is non statutory body to take admission in various Law Universities.

For PG Programme:

You should have obtained an LL.B/ a five year integrated LL.B/any other equivalent degree in law from a recognized university with not less than 55% marks.

50% marks in case of SC/ST

There is no specific upper age limit for PG Programme.
13th July 2015, 05:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for CLAT and you need graduation with at least 45% marks for this exam. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

You have to clear entrance exam with good marks to get admission in a good college through counselling. CLAT is conducted every year for admission in law courses across 14 national law universities in India.
14th July 2015, 12:03 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

As you have completed your Graduation you are eligible to appear in the All India Law Entrance Test and also the State Level Law Entrance Test.
As you are within the age limit of 30 years you are eligible to apply for the course and also study the course of LLB.
These are the two eligibility conditions and you fulfill both of them so you are eligible to appear in the Law Entrance Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?