21st July 2016, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to get admission for doing masters in maths from Punjab University?

Sir/Mam,

At present I am pursuing BSC mathematics honors from Delhi university .I am a final year student. After completion of my bsc I want to do masters in maths from panjab university. so I want to know the procedure to take admission in pu...

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed to get admission for doing masters in maths from Punjab University?
  2. Procedure to get admission for M.Sc in Chemistry in Punjab University? Last date to submit the application form for this? Will there any Entrance Exam be conducted for this?
  3. Procedure to pursue doctorate course in Law from USA after Masters in Law from National University of Law Punjab?
  4. Procedure to get admission for B.Sc Honors in Punjab University? Required things to get admission for this course?
  5. Procedure of admission to B.Sc Agriculture in Punjab Agriculture University Ludhiana?
  6. What is the procedure to get scholarship in Punjab University for doing Masters?
  7. Procedure to get admission in Punjab University for B.Sc in Computer & Electronics?
  8. How to take admission in Punjab University for B.Com Hons after securing 56% with Maths in 12th exam?
  9. Last date of admission and other procedure of admission for M.Sc Chemistry in Punjab University?
  10. What is the procedure followed for doing distance course in M.Phil Maths?
  11. Can I pursue Masters in Maths after completing BS Honors in Economics?
  12. B.Sc non medical course available to apply in Punjab University? Procedure to get admission? -- [New]
  13. Admission procedure to study Private M.A. in Punjab University for a graduate of Manav Bharti University?
  14. List of the universities in Germany in structural civil engineering in Ph.D?
  15. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in EFLU and hyderabad university for masters in English?
  16. What is the procedure to do admission in Punjab University?
  17. How to get admission for BSc Honors Maths in Punjab University after non medical in 12th class?
  18. Procedure and eligibility for BBA from Punjab University? -- [Most Discussed]
21st July 2016, 03:25 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get admission for doing masters in maths from Punjab University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

At present I am pursuing BSC mathematics honors from Delhi university .I am a final year student. After completion of my bsc I want to do masters in maths from panjab university. so I want to know the procedure to take admission in pu...

The admission to the M.Sc (Honors) Mathematics will be done through the PU-CET (Panjab University Common Entrance Test). The candidates can apply online for the PU-CET. The students should have completed B.A/B.Sc (Pass or Honors) examination with 50% marks of Panjab University or any other examination recognized by Panjab University are eligible for the course. The admission will be done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance test and in graduation. The university website link is given Click Here
21st July 2016, 11:39 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get admission for doing masters in maths from Punjab University?

The eligibility criteria for the required is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least with maths as one subject in the graduation.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the graduation.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 21 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for Masters in Maths.

You need to apply with the following documents and the requisite fees at the college you want to take admission into :
* Previous Mark Sheets
* Degree or Provisional Degree
* Migration Certificate
* Character Certificate
* Transfer Certificate

They may shortlist the candidates based on the performance in the bachelor's degree so, you are required to apply in multiple colleges.
22nd July 2016, 02:46 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in the above mentioned course from PU, you will have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the university itself and after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to get admission to get admission in the above mentioned course and University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?