27th August 2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Will i be eligible for Lecturer post if i score 55% marks in MA and clears NET paper?

Will i be eligible for Lecturer post if i score 55% marks in MA and clears NET paper?

Related Questions:
  1. Required Qualification to appear for SET Exam in Sociology?
  2. After M.Ed can I do PhD in Education? What other higher studies options are there?
  3. M.Phil from IGNOU is sufficient for Lecturer post?
  4. Should I prepare for NET or do any other course after doing M.Sc in CS?
  5. Am I eligible to join the post of lecturer in government college?
  6. In which entrance exam I have to appear to become a professor in government affiliated diploma college? Process to become a professor?
  7. Where should I try to get a Job after scoring 55% in BCA and 55% in MCA course?
  8. What is the minimum qualifying marks required for NET exam?
  9. Eligibility to be an Assistant Lecturer after qualifying UGC NET but 46% marks in graduation and in MBA 58% marks? Do I need to qualify NET again if I repeat graduation and post graduation?
  10. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges
  11. Eligibility to appear in SLET with mentioned percentage in overall academic? Procedure to apply?
  12. Can I be eligible for lecturer post in B.Ed college after qualifying B.A with 49%?
  13. Which course is a best choice for me to get into Teaching line after completion of BE?
  14. What should I do after completion of MA in English to become a Professor?
  15. Eligibility to appear in GATE/BET-JRF for study PhD to M.Sc(Zoology) 2nd year student?
  16. Can I be eligible for the position of Lecturer in Catering Colleges having scored 79% in MBA with Hotel Management or shall I need to appear for NET Exam for this?
  17. Am I eligible for lecturer post if I have done Post graduation through correspondence mode?
  18. Can I be eligible for SET or NET after completing MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
27th August 2015, 09:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will i be eligible for Lecturer post if i score 55% marks in MA and clears NET paper?

Qualifying NET in lectureship after completion of your post graduation will help you to get lecturer job in government colleges.

Hence, if you want a lecturer job in government colleges in India then qualifying NET is very essential.
27th August 2015, 10:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will i be eligible for Lecturer post if i score 55% marks in MA and clears NET paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have qualify in UGC NET exam then you are eligible for Lecturer post.

Eligibility criteria for lecturer post:-

You must have Ph.D degree.

OR

You must have valid UGC NET score.

Your age should be above 25 years.
27th August 2015, 11:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for lectureship in government college, a candidate must clear the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission. Every year the National Eligibility Test is conducted by the UGC twice every year in the month of June and December respectively.

Eligibility Criteria for the NET exam:

>>Candidate must be a master's degree holder in any stream from a recognized university. The percentage of marks scored by a candidate must be at least % in master's degree.

>>There is no upper age limit for post of Lectureship. However the upper age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

Once you clear the NET examination and if there is vacancy in the government colleges, NET qualified candidates are called for interview for recruitment.

For more details, you can visit the official website of UGC www.ugc.ac.in.
27th August 2015, 11:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, you will be definitely eligible for the post of lectureship after clearing the National Eligibility Test.

University Grants Commission conducts National Eligibility for the post of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. This entrance test is conducted by the UGC in the month of June and December every year.

To appear for the exam, you must ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria for the exam:

>>Master's degree in any discipline from a UGC recognized university.

>>55% marks in master's degree for general and OBC candidate and 50% for SC/ST candidates.

>>For JRF, the upper age limit is 28 years, however there is no upper age limit for the lectureship post.

As you have 55% marks in master of arts, you are eligible to appear for the NET exam.

The December exam notification is yet to be announced. You must wait for the notification or visit the official website for latest updates www.ugcnetonline.in.
28th August 2015, 01:42 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible with 55% marks and the NET examination for the post of Lecturer. This is the basic eligibility after this the aspirant has to apply against the post advertised by various colleges. The NET conducted by UGC is the main criteria to become a Lecturer. The aspirant has to get the job through his self try only; the NET is only the eligibility it won’t fetch you a job.

Official website - www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?