17th December 2014, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

XAT and IIFT entrance exams are tougher than CAT? List of top B-Schools for MBA?

i have completed B.Sc. ( Botany) with 74%... after that i started preparing for banking exam ... but now i want to take admission in top b school in mba & for that i want to give entrance exams for mba.. i just want to know taking admission in top b school i want to give iift exam & xat exam... plz tell me is these exam as tough as cat exam?

12th April 2015, 04:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: XAT and IIFT entrance exams are tougher than CAT? List of top B-Schools for MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed B.Sc. ( Botany) with 74%... after that i started preparing for banking exam ... but now i want to take admission in top b school in mba & for that i want to give entrance exams for mba.. i just want to know taking admission in top b school i want to give iift exam & xat exam... plz tell me is these exam as tough as cat exam?
The Difficulty Level of XAT examination is same as CAT Entrance examination. CAT stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is score is compulsory to get admission into IIMs and top business schools in India. Well XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) will lead you to admission in the XLRI and allied institutes and CAT will provide you to admissions in the IIMs and some other institutes in the country.

The XAT Entrance examination generally contains two separate sections i.e. Objective as well as Subjective.

The syllabus of XAT Objective examination Traditionally has 3 section namely,
1. Quantitative Ability,
2. English and LR
3. Decision Making.

Subjective section include,
1. General Awareness and
2. Essay Writing.

The duration of Objective test will be 3 hours and the duration of subjective test will be on 40 Minutes. The exact number of questions in XAT examination is not fixed. If you want to take admission in XLRI then you have to crack this entrance examination. The difficulty level is same as CAT Examination. After CAT examination, XAT is one of the most popular MBA Entrance exams.

About CAT Exam:

CAT(Common Admission test) examination consist of two sections,
1. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
2. Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

CAT is one of the most famous and toughest examinations in India, this examination is only for those who are interested to take admission in Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and top ranked business schools.

The test duration of CAT Examination is 2 hours and 50 minutes i.e. 170 minutes. The exam has 100 multiple choice questions, 50 questions on each one of the sections.

The pattern of CAT & XAT Examination is totally different. Both the examination is tough. You need to prepare well to crack both the examination. If your aim is to prepare for XAT Examination, then best to prepare as per the pattern or join some good coaching Institutes.

About IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade):

IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) conduct his own entrance examination for admission to IIFT Delhi and IIFT Kolkata campus only. IIFT entrance examination generally contains,

1. English Comprehension
2. General Knowledge & Awareness
3. Logical Reasoning
4. Quantitative Analysis.

IIFT examination is also one of the trickiest & confusing examination. If you have prepared for the CAT /XAT Entrance examination, then you can appear for this exam easily. The difficulty level of IIFT examination is less as compared to CAT/XAT.

I have provided you the complete test pattern of CAT/XAT & IIFT Examination. I suggest you please prepare well for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension sections. You need to score a high percentile in these examinations to get admission in MBA Programs in top ranked business schools.

List of Top Business Schools:

1. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
2. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
3. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
4. Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
7. Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
8. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
9. Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
10. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
11. Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
12. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
13. Indian Institute of Management, Indore
14. National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
15. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
16th April 2015, 12:46 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: XAT and IIFT entrance exams are tougher than CAT? List of top B-Schools for MBA?

No, XAT and IIFT entrance exams are not tougher than CAT

Top 10 MBA Colleges

1. IIM-Bangalore
2. IIM-Calcutta
3. IIM-Ahmedabad
4. IIM-Indore
5. IIM-Lucknow
6. IIM-Kozhikode
7. IIFT-Delhi
8. ISB-Hyderabad
9. IIM-Shillong
10. XLRI-Jamshedpur

List of AA+ Business Schools:

1. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
2. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
3. Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
4. Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
7. Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
8. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
9. Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
10. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
11. Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
12. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
13. Indian Institute of Management, Indore
14. National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
15. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?