2nd January 2017, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get the job in top mechanical core companies if I have 9.6 CGPA?

I am a 3rd Year B.Tech Mechanical Student. I have 9.6 CGPA. I have a good skill in SOLIDWORKS, ANSYS Multiphysics and MSC ADAMS. I am presently working in SUPRA SAE Team, and doing the project of Redesign and Analysis of SUPRA SAE car chassis, which is my seniors final year project (not mine, I am 3rd year). Will I get job in TOP Mechanical core companies?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for core companies after completion of mechanical engineering with 6.6 CGPA?
  2. List of core companies for mechanical engineering core jobs
  3. Minimum CGPA required to become eligible for Mechanical Core Companies?
  4. Placement in core companies after B.E? Which core companies can I get after scoring 8.10 CGPA?
  5. How to join core companies after doing 3rd year mechanical engineering?
  6. Details of Mechanical jobs other than designing in core companies after Mechanical engineering with CGPA 8?
  7. List of mechanical core companies in India -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it possible for me to get a job in top core companies after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering with 70% marks?
  9. How to prepare to get into core companies private and government sector after completion of ECE course?
  10. Will I get a job in core companies of mechanical stream after scoring 7.5 CGPA?
  11. How to get a job in core companies and software companies?
  12. Minimum CGPA required in B.Tech to apply for job in Samsung, Infineon, Ericsson, Texas and National Instruments?
  13. List of Core Companies for the candidates of Mechanical stream?
  14. List of Government Core Companies in which I can apply after doing B.Tech in Mechanical Production?
  15. Am I eligible to get job in core companies after completion of civil engineering but with less than 60% marks in 12th?
  16. List of top 5 core companies for mechanical engineering students -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible to attend the core campus placement if I have 95% in 10th and 76% in 12th while doing 1st year mechanical?
  18. How to get placed for core companies? What is the eligibility criteria?
4th January 2017, 09:03 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the job in top mechanical core companies if I have 9.6 CGPA?

Yes, you can definitely get a job in the top companies thriving in mechanical engineering field. However, getting job involves a different selection process in which you need to perform well to get selected. You need to crack the written test followed by other selection rounds like GD interview to get selected. Many top companies consider GATE score for shortlisting candidates for interview round. So you need to crack GATE with a good score to seek opportunity in them.
4th January 2017, 10:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the job in top mechanical core companies if I have 9.6 CGPA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 3rd Year B.Tech Mechanical Student. I have 9.6 CGPA. I have a good skill in SOLIDWORKS, ANSYS Multiphysics and MSC ADAMS. I am presently working in SUPRA SAE Team, and doing the project of Redesign and Analysis of SUPRA SAE car chassis, which is my seniors final year project (not mine, I am 3rd year). Will I get job in TOP Mechanical core companies?
As per marks and educational qualification, you are eligible for top companies for Mechanical Department.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for core companies is 60%. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for core companies recruitment. Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for core companies recruitment.
15th January 2017, 11:42 PM
jayparikh

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible to get the job in top mechanical core companies if I have 9.6 CGPA?

How to get into core job post B.Tech mechanical

Hi there,

you have maintained very good CGPA. Congratulations for that!!!

Happy to know that, you want to make career in core field. mechanical is very well in demand. You are definitely eligible and you should try into some of the top companies.

here is list of Some of the core companies where you can try,

-bhel
-gail
-sail
-ntpc
-L&T
-ONGC
-Hyuindai
-Mercedes
-BMW
-Suzuki
-Honda
-ISRO
-DRDO
-Engineer india limited
-Torrent
..And many more.

Skills required to get into these companies

-Good communication skills,
-Good negotiation skills
-Team spirit, need to be good team player
-Good domain knowledge
-Good networking
-Critical eye on latest development in industry

For campus placement, eligibility criteria,
-60% or more throughout 10th,12th ,engineering
-Aptitude test
-essay writing
-technical round
-HR round.

Rounds varies from companies to company.

Try your best and you will make it to core company.

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?