22nd December 2017, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

A commerce student who can solve maths problem can apply for Merchant Navy?

Sir, can I apply for merchant navy after passing 12th in commerce without maths, but I can solve the merchant exam with complete maths then also can't I apply for merchant navy. Sir, please tell me, please its my dream.

26th December 2017, 05:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A commerce student who can solve maths problem can apply for Merchant Navy?

For joining merchant navy, you have to study PCM stream in class 12th from a recognized board of education. Any other stream students are not accepted even for deck cadet job.

Hence, make sure you have studied the right combination of subjects, if you are looking to get into merchant navy.
26th December 2017, 08:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A commerce student who can solve maths problem can apply for Merchant Navy?

No, you are not eligible for recruitment in Merchant Navy. For recruitment the required minimum eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

Candidates have to qualify in written, physical and medical test for final selection.

So, you are not eligible to appeae in examination for recruitment in Merchant Navy.
27th December 2017, 12:43 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, can I apply for merchant navy after passing 12th in commerce without maths, but I can solve the merchant exam with complete maths then also can't I apply for merchant navy. Sir, please tell me, please its my dream.

A commerce student who is good in mathematics can pursue various courses. But it is not possible to join the Merchant Navy course without Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 10+2 or equivalent. There are BE or BTech in Marine Engineering, BSc Nautical Science and Diploma in Marine Engineering courses available in the Merchant Navy field. Candidates should have studied 10+2 or equivalent with physics, chemistry and mathematics for joining the above mentioned courses. Therefore, it is not possible to join above mentioned merchant navy courses for the commerce students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?