26th December 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do merchant navy being a non maths student?

I'm A Science student with no maths, can i carry on with merchant navy only with chemistry and physics marks? please do reply me on [email protected]

20th January 2012, 01:34 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do merchant navy being a non maths student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm A Science student with no maths, can i carry on with merchant navy only with chemistry and physics marks? please do reply me on [email protected]
In order to join Merchant Navy at any level, you must have studied Maths.
Without the subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Maths, you will neither be eligible to pursue courses like B.Sc Nautical Science or Marine Engineering, nor you will be eligible to join directly as a Deck Cadet.
Even to join the General Purpose Rating, which comprise of Deck Crew and Engine Crew, you must have qualified in Maths and Physics along with English.
So, the only way for you to join the merchant navy is in the general purpose rating provided you qualified in Maths, Physics and English, from a recognized board.
So, if you are eligible for, and interested in, joining merchant navy as Deck Crew or Engine Crew, you will have to undergo the general purpose rating course for a period of 6 months.
28th August 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

i am a arts(geography) student, can i apply in marchent navi with geography base?
2nd July 2013, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

I am a science student. I am in 12 right now and I am interested in merchant navy but I have oppt maths and I am studying psychology. Is it possible for me to join this profession?
2nd July 2013, 05:32 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend ,

I AM SORRY TO INFORM YOU THIS BUT BEING A NON MATHS STUDENTS YOU
ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MERCHANT NAVY .

The eligibility criteria says that , students needs to complete their 10+2 with having a combination subject of Physics , Chemistry , Maths as Elective subject .

As you are not having Maths subject , so you cannot apply for Merchant Navy .

THANK YOU !
26th September 2015, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my 12 with PCB and 10 with math can I apply for.merchant navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?