11th October 2017, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join merchant navy after 12th?

I really interest in joining merchant navy and I finished my 12th standard by 52 percentage mark in science. I am since 1999. What should i do. Because of my enjoyment of my higher secondary years I lost my marks. I wish to be a cadet. I love merchant navy. I love India.

12th October 2017, 01:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join merchant navy after 12th?

Procedure to join Merchant Navy after 12th:

You should have passed class 12th with minimum 60% marks having Maths, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.

Your age should not be more than 20 years on 4th September of the year of entry. For reserved category candidates there is age relaxation of 5 years.

Courses for entry in Merchant Navy:

3 year degree course in nautical science for students.

4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for students.

One year course for graduate mechanical engineers.

3 month course for Deck Cadet for 12th students
12th October 2017, 09:49 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria and procedure required for merchant navy:-

Candidates must have finished class 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

Candidates have to be unmarried Indian Citizens (male or female).

Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.

Admission is through an entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.

After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test.

You will also need to complete a ship training course prior to the employment.
13th October 2017, 01:23 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy (Deck Cadets):
>Candidates must have competed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and should have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
>Age of the candidates must be within 16-25 years.
>Candidates must be physically and mentally fit for see services under standard norms.
>Eye sight of the candidates should be 6/6 without glasses.Candidates must not have any color or night blindness.
>Candidates must be unmarried Indian citizen.
Eligible candidates need to appear in The All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET), qualifying in which they can get the post of Deck Cadet in Merchant Navy. The AIMNET exam is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited usually in the month of November-December every year.

Those candidates who have completed bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical engineering are also eligible to join Merchant Navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/Junior Engineer. After completion bachelors degree, candidates can get direct entry after completing 9 months pre-sea training course conducted by MERI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?