14th February 2017, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Is university important in getting a job?

Hi, I am Gurjant Singh from Mumbai. I have completed my diploma in mechanical with 65% aggregate. So, my concern is that if I pursue my degree from Punjab, will it affect my career as university is also considered for jobs. So, please help me out.

16th February 2017, 05:05 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is university important in getting a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Gurjant Singh from Mumbai. I have completed my diploma in mechanical with 65% aggregate. So, my concern is that if I pursue my degree from Punjab, will it affect my career as university is also considered for jobs. So, please help me out.

Yes, university is important in getting a job as a fresher. The value for the good, reputed universities is higher compared to the other universities. For example a person from IIT and a local engineering college attend an interview; the preference will be given to the IIT candidate. The value for the university is important for getting a job in India. As a fresher it will be useful and after some years of experience your experience and skills are only important for getting a job. Along with the college you studied, the marks scored are also helpful in getting a job. So try and study in a good and reputed college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?