9th October 2016, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

What are the career options after graduation in mechanical engineering?

I have recently completed my degree course in mechanical engineering from the G.T.U. in June with first class distinction. Our university has not provided us the campus selection recruitment drive. so i want to know what are the career options or short term courses are available for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Career options after Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Career options available after graduation in IT? What specialization can be taken?
  3. What are the career options after mechanical engineering?
  4. What are the career options after Mechanical engineering? I am studying in 4th year Mechanical
  5. Career options available after graduating in IT? Which are the good colleges?
  6. Which universities are suitable for me after completing B.E in mechanical engineering? What are the career options for me after completion of MS
  7. What are the various career options available in government sector after completion of graduation?
  8. Which are the career options for me other than M.Tech course having completed Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Career options in Biomedical engineering in government and private options?
  10. What are the career options for me after graduation? I am a student of B.A English Honors
  11. Will it a be a smart choice to go for PG in Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech in Textile Technology?
  12. Which will have better preference in terms of salary and power between Mechanical engineering and IT engineering?
  13. Unable to get job with 58% in Mechanical engineering
  14. What are the career options after completing Graduation with Chemistry Honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which are the different career options available after B.E mechanical?
  16. Career options other than engineering after Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  17. Career options after completing mechanical engineering?
  18. What should I do after graduation in B.Com Banking and Insurance? What else can I do after graduation? Career options available other than MBA?
9th October 2016, 12:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career options after graduation in mechanical engineering?

There will be very less advantage of short term courses after Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Suppose if you go for CAD or Automation courses, you will have to again look for jobs.

Mechanical engineering candidates has lots of job options in public sector. You can apply for entrance examinations and clear it to get good jobs.

1. Indian Engineering Services conducted by UPSC.

2. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for Public Sector Undertaking jobs.

3. SSC Junior Engineer examination.

4. RRB entrance exams etc.
9th October 2016, 04:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career options after graduation in mechanical engineering?

If you are interested in higher studies you have available options as Master of Technology , Master of Business Administration etc.

You are eligible to pursue the course and so you can appear for GATE or CAT entrance examination.

If your univwersity does not provide the campus selection and you are interested in getting jobs you can qualify in GATE, IES or entrance examination conducted by PSU'S , Railway and electrical department as for recruitment as JE or SE.
9th October 2016, 08:00 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

There are many jobs available for a Mechanical Engineering student.You can apply for private as well as government jobs.You can also apply in government companies.
I suggest you to apply on naukri.com for private jobs and buy employment news for governmwnt jobs update.
9th October 2016, 11:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Mechanical Engineering is evergreen branch of engineering which has immense job opportunities in private as well as public sector companies. In case of private companies, you can apply for jobs in firms like Tata, Ford Motors, Hyundai, Bajaj etc.

Those who want to get job in Public Sector Companies like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL etc must apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and get a rank below 200 in his stream so as to get a call letter from these PSUs. You can also apply for Indian Engineering Services exam for more better career.
10th October 2016, 01:37 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There are many career options open after graduation in mechanical engineering. There is ample scope in private as well as public sector. You can apply for Autocad and pursue it as it has good demand.

- You can appear in GATE and seek opportunity in leading PSUs.
- You can appear in the off-campus recruitment drives of various private sector and public sector power plants and metal-alloy manufacturing plants.
- You can appear in off-campus interviews of various IT companies .
- You can appear in other public sector exams of different disciplines like Banking, Civil Services, Defense sector, Railways, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?