7th February 2014, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

What does IT company expect from us?

Hi Dude,
I am varma....i am studying ece 3rd yr.....i have no arrear still now .......and also got 71%......but i am not comfortable in that department...so i ll go only IT COMPANY...anyone tell us what the IT company expect from us....what type of course i study.....after joining the company ,what type of work the company ll give us...................

10th February 2014, 01:29 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: What does IT company expect from us?

It would have been good if you had took CSE or IT course when joining college than taking up ECE course as you have the interest over Software field but still it doesn't harm you much as many of the ECE students also get selected from the software companies who comes in to college for the campus recruitment.

There will be three important rounds followed for the selection 1) Written Test 2) Technical Interview 3) HR Interview.

Now the written test will be more of aptitude test in top MNC companies who come for campus recruitment like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Accenture etc. So, to clear this round you need to know the pattern of the exam so that you can prepare accordingly.

You can refer to good books like R.S.Agarwal and start preparing for the test right away. Once you clear the aptitude round you will be called for the Technical interview wherein questions will be asked based on computer programming languages, database, Linux etc.. you won't be able to say that you are not from CSE or IT background to skip the questions as they are pretty much important for the software field so you ought to answer them.

Once the Technical interview round is done there will HR interview where in the questions will be based on personal data. So, just be confident and honest to clear this round as well.

There are various certification courses available for leaning more on computers which are like CCNA (Cisco), RHCE (Redhat), Novell, Microsoft, Java etc. just take up Sun Java course and try to finish it as it will give good introduction about Programming which is pretty much needed for the software job as you will be doing only Program in Software field jobs and nothing else.

So, make sure that you are firm with your choice now itself because once you get in there is no turning back to normal or so.
4th September 2016, 09:16 PM
PAN2HELP

Default Re: What does IT company expect from us?

The IT companies expects various things from their employees in India. To be honest in India there are no rules for expectations.

1. The first thing they will expect from their employees is they should be very sound in their domains. they need to perform and complete their tasks in time and with less issues. For that requirement you need to develop your skills well and be confident on those.

2. You should be very acceptable. They might give you some work which is not related to your domain or your field. But you should not say no. rather you should say yes and that can be a good opportunity for you to learn something from that domain.

3. This is about time shift and staying late in the office. Some companies will allow you to be flexible and do work from home. But you should always be ready to accept any shift to work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?