15th April 2016, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for JEE advance after scoring 66% in BSEB?

Am I eligible to apply for JEE advance after scoring 66% in BSEB? What is the minimum criteria required? Can you please provide me the complete details on the same? Kindly help me with the steps which I have to follow next. Thank you!

16th April 2016, 09:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE advance after scoring 66% in BSEB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for JEE advance after scoring 66% in BSEB? What is the minimum criteria required? Can you please provide me the complete details on the same? Kindly help me with the steps which I have to follow next. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for a JEE advance exam if you fulfill below given criteria.

Those candidates who have secured a top 1,50,000 ranks (including all categories) in the JEE Main examination are eligible for the JEE Advanced exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
16th April 2016, 10:46 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for JEE Advanced Examination:

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is basically conducted in 2 phases.
>> JEE Mains
>> JEE Advanced

So the minimum percentage scored in 12th Class is generally considered to appear in JEE Main Examination. So the marks secured in 12th Class is not considered for appearing in JEE Advanced Examination.

Basic Criteria to appear in JEE Advanced:

>> Candidates must be among the top 2,00,000 in JEE Main Examination.

>> If you are able to stand among top 2,00,000 then you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced Examination.
16th April 2016, 01:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced examination, you must have passed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects and you have must have appeared, qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination and also you must have secured minimum aggregate of 75% (70% for SC/ST) marks in your 12th standard or you must be in top 20 percentile of high scorers of your 12th standard board examinations.

Since, you have scored an aggregate of 66% marks from BSEB Board, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Advance examination.
16th April 2016, 08:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for JEE(advanced) after having scored 66% in BSEB board as the minimum marks required is 50%. Therefore, you have definitely scored above it and so you are very much eligible for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?