10th March 2015, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance exam if pursuing 12th from Private school and completed 10th from Military school?

Respected Sir,
I am a son of Ex-Army and studied in
Military School till 10th and appearing
for 12th from the Private school.
Can I apply for NDA entrance exam or not?

Related Questions:
12th March 2015, 09:17 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance exam if pursuing 12th from Private school and completed 10th from Military school?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. To join in National Defence Academy (NDA), you need to appear in NDA examination. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force Wings.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the age of 19 years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

If you had completed your 12th standard from recognised board like NIOS, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination else, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination.
12th March 2015, 10:04 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance exam if pursuing 12th from Private school and completed 10th from Military school?

If The private school in which you are presently studying is recognized by state or Central board/ institute, then you are certainly eligible to appear in NDA & NA (National Defense Academy and Naval Academy) Exam. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA Entrance Examination is "12th Class" or Intermediate from a recognized university. Since you are pursuing 12th class means you are a final year student of Intermediate, and so you are surely eligible to apply for NDA Entrance Examination. The minimum age of a candidate must be 16.5 years to be eligible and the maximum age must not exceed more than 19 years. Apart from this, there is no age relaxation for any category candidates (Gen/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen Son). Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA Entrance Examination. Kindly go through the below link, in which you would find more details of NDA Exam.

Click here for More Details of NDA
12th March 2015, 11:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am a son of Ex-Army and studied in
Military School till 10th and appearing
for 12th from the Private school.
Can I apply for NDA entrance exam or not?
Yes, you are eligible NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
2nd April 2015, 01:15 PM
amanshrivastava98

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

To get the admission in NDA you have to write the written examination conducted by the NDA every year for 12th appearing or passed students.

After the NDA written if you qualify for the written examination then you will be called for the SSB which is the 5 days procedure.

If you qualify the SSB too then you will be called for the medical and if qualified in that too then you will gt the admission in the NDA for a bright future.
8th July 2015, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

If any student is fail 2times in 12th and third time he pass in 12 then can he apply for nda
9th July 2015, 01:33 PM
pointer01

Hello dear,

Yes dear, you are very much eligible to give the entrance exam of NDA. The private school in which you are presently studying must be recognized as a state/ central board.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Entrance exam conducted by NDA for those students who are interested in -Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam-

You must be a citizen of India.
You must have passed class 12th from a recognized board.
You must be a unmarried candidate.
Your must have attain the age of 16 years and your age must not be more than 19 years.

All the Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?