31st May 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for re-exam of 12th ISC if pursuing Diploma in CSE and completed 1 year of B.Sc(Computer Science)?

Sir,
I have passed 10th ICSE with 94.5% and 12th ISC with 71.1% by Science stream. My marks in 12th was affected due to some family problems and sudden death of my father. Now I have passed in 12th ISC. So people told me not to look back. But however due to low marks in Science, I am facing a lot of trouble in getting good colleges. So I want to reboot my career from the point it broke down. I'm presently doing Diploma in CSE from Government Polytechnic college and also I have appeared one year B.Sc Computer Science Honours. I feel my career is nothing but getting complicated due to continuous frustration. So I want to get over with it. I want to give re-exam of 12th ISC now. Please tell me now it is possible, because it almost 2 years over.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for upcoming NDA Exam being a candidate of pursuing 12th with Science from ISC Board?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for applying for TCS?
  3. Can I apply for MPSC exam after completing 12th from science?
  4. Eligibility to apply for IBPS Clerical exam to Diploma CSE holder?
  5. Am I eligible to reappear in 12th and apply for JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from BSEB and pursuing Polytechnic Diploma?
  6. How much is the Physics theory pass marks for ISC?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for Wipro Wase if I have completed Graduation and diploma course?
  8. Possibility to get job for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th ISC?
  9. Am I eligible for government job after completing diploma in CSE?
  10. Can I get benefit if secure 80% in 12th ISC to apply for NATA in next year?
  11. What is the eligibility for Polytechnic?
  12. Eligibility to apply in JELET for a candidate who has secured 54% in 2nd year of Diploma in CSE?
  13. Can I apply for government job after pursuing diploma in vocation course?
  14. Am I eligible to study B.Tech in Abroad if completed Diploma in CSE on 10th basis?
  15. How to apply for Crime Branch Exams and Railway Exams being a Diploma holder in Computer Science and pursuing 3rd year of CSE?
  16. Can I apply for Government Lecturer Exams in Tamilnadu after completing 10th with 85%, 92% in Diploma and 75% in B.E CSE?
  17. Can I apply Bank Clerk Job and other jobs being a candidate having secured 87% in 12th from ISC board and pursuing B.com?
  18. Procedure to apply for improvement exam in class 12th(ISC board)? -- [Most Discussed]
31st May 2015, 09:32 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for re-exam of 12th ISC if pursuing Diploma in CSE and completed 1 year of B.Sc(Computer Science)?

Now its not possible because 2 years passed away and now you cannot fill up improvement exam, for improvement exams board only gives two chances to each candidate but your 2 chances passed away so now you are not eligible to fill up improvement exams
But you have one more option that is NIOS board - national institute of Open Schooling but the truth is that NIOS board is recognized board but not reputed board and this one board only for those students who fails in 10 or 12 board exams and wanna a passing certificate they join NIOS board so its better to continue your studies and you will get many more chances in future be prepare for those
31st May 2015, 11:23 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for re-exam of 12th ISC if pursuing Diploma in CSE and completed 1 year of B.Sc(Computer Science)?

Yes,you can give re-examination of 12th after a gap of two years but it is not a good idea as you have to spend two years again to complete .
As you are pursuing for diploma and Bachelor's degree then if you decide again to give examination of 12th then you have to give full time to it for good marks.

So,the labor you do for re-examination of 12th ,the same you will provide in the current sylllabus then there is much more chance to succeed .

Since, low marks in 12th doesn't show that you will not continue your higher studies .
You can choose any syllabus what you want to study.
Since you are in diploma,if you complete it with good marks then you can take admission in 2 year of the B.Tech course directly as Lateral Entry then after no one will ask you about how much marks you got in 12th.
So, does not frustate about your past,just focus on your present and labor hard make your future bright.
Just continue with the same course you are pursuing,ignore about the other what they are telling aboyt you as when you get success then the same people will be going to congratulate you for your achievement.
1st June 2015, 01:14 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for re-exam of 12th ISC if pursuing Diploma in CSE and completed 1 year of B.Sc(Computer Science)?

Don't get panic you are a bright student and no doubt one day you will achieve what you want. You just need some guidance here. As you are pursuing diploma in CSE then you also have opportunity to join B.Tech course in future and no doubt B.tech is one of the good course among all graduation courses.

You just concentrate on what you are doing and prepare for LEET. Basically LEET stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test which are conducted for candidates who passed diploma through polytechnics in any trade. After giving this examination your score decides which college you will get for B.Tech.

And don't get frustrate by taking tension of your score in 12th. 71% is also a good score and you are eligible to give any entrance exam in india but if you really feel that this score is not enough according to your expectations then i suggest you to give improvement exam instead of rebooting your 12th standard. By giving improvement your score will increased in 12th without starting it again. You just need to fill improvement examination form. After that study hard for getting good score.
1st June 2015, 12:13 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to apply for improvement or re-exam in 12th ISC Board after 2 years gap. But Don't worry just complete your graduation with good marks.
After graduation you can apply for numerous government jobs and 12th marks are not required anywhere after graduation.
Just focus on your graduation studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?