7th July 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Which should be a better option after 10th, if my aim is civil engineering?

I want to take civil engineering. Which line I take after 10th, 12th science or 12th commerce or diploma?

7th July 2017, 07:29 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Which should be a better option after 10th, if my aim is civil engineering?

Most definitely science after class 10 but in order to take civil engineering you have to score good in class 10 only then you can take up science in a good school, make sure you have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as your compulsory subjects in class 11 & 12. After that you need to sit for the entrance exams like JEE & AIEEE. These entrance exams are like a gateway to complete your Civil Engineering so make sure you score good. Once you got a ranking in these entrance exams you will get a good chance to get admission in a good civil engineering college.
7th July 2017, 09:01 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Which should be a better option after 10th, if my aim is civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to take civil engineering. Which line I take after 10th, 12th science or 12th commerce or diploma?
To become a civil engineer One must have to complete his/her intermediate with PCM.

Then, through any entrance test or any other exam they can get admission in any engineering college and pursue B.tech in civil engineering.

You can also pursue diploma whose duration is 3 years after completion of 10th & 2 years after completion of 12th.

Diploma holder usually be called Junior engineer. You can also apply for B.tech through Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) which directly get your admission in 3rd semester of engineering.
Thanks.
7th July 2017, 09:07 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become civil engineer then personally I would like to suggest you to complete your 10th standard with non medical stream which consists of physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board.
After completing your 12th standard you can appear in JEE mains exam and if you will qualify you will get admission in NIT in whatever stream or trade you want.
You have to score good marks in the entrance exam.
In this way you can save your 2 years.
7th July 2017, 09:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For civil engineering, you can opt for science with math stream. Commerce is not the viable option for civil engineering admission. Diploma in engineering is a good option, if you want to start professional course after class 10th.

After class 12th with PCM, you have to appear for engineering entrance exam for admission in B.Tech in civil engineering.
7th July 2017, 09:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Civil Engineer after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue your 11th and 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board. After completion of your 12th standard, you can pursue your higher studies in Bachelor's degree course in Civil Engineering in any recognised college/ university. After completion of your Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised college/ university with good subject knowledge, you can apply for job opportunities in government/ private sector companies.
7th July 2017, 11:15 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

If you wish to become a civil engineer after completion of your 10th grade, you should opt for PCM and then after completion of your 12th grade, you should opt for JEE(mains) to get admission in any good college to continue with your studies further.
8th July 2017, 12:34 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Since Engineering is a science field, so you are advised to take science stream after completion of 10th standard in order to become a Civil Engineer in future.
In your 11th standard choose science stream for your higher secondary education with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your compulsory subjects.
Also try to score at least 55% or above marks in your higher secondary education in order to become eligible for various engineering entrance examination.
8th July 2017, 02:05 AM
ranu shahi

To pursue civil engineering, i suggest you to opt 12th with PCM(physics, chemistry, mathematics). You can also pursue diploma in civil engineering but after completing diploma you have to pursue B.Tech in civil engineering to get good jobs in future.
8th July 2017, 11:41 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

To become a civil engineer you can opt for 12th science stream where you have to study physics and mathematics or you can opt for diploma in civil engineering. After completing 12th standard you have to appear for engineering entrance examination to get admission into bachelor's degree in engineering. If you study diploma then after completing that you can get admission directly in the 2nd year of engineering through lateral entry examination. So, there are two options for your and it depends on your interest which one you want to choose.
8th July 2017, 01:40 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You should choose PCM subjects along with other subjects in 11th and 12th to become a Civil Engineer in the future. It is one of the best options to study civil engineering. After completion of Class XII, you have to apply for taking admission to the civil engineering course. Admission to the civil engineering is done on the basis of an entrance examination. You have to score good marks in Class XII and entrance examination to get admission in BE or BTech Civil Engineering course. The scope for the civil engineers is good.
8th July 2017, 05:06 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Science is best stream to be an engineer in future. So, my suggestion is to go for 12th science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the three main subjects. After completion of 12th standard, you are required to apply JEE exam to get admission in Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering from any good engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?