25th August 2017, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for JEE on the basis of NIOS qualification?

Hi Sir, you said that from NIOS minimum 5 subjects are required for applying JEE. I have to ask that total subjects are 5 or without additional subject should be 5?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 while appearing in NIOS Board 12th improvement exam?
  2. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  3. Can I apply for DIET teacher training on the basis of my NIOS qualification?
  4. Can I appear in JEE through ODES scheme on the NIOS exam basis being a 23 years old M.Com postgraduate? Maximum age limit to appear in JEE for General candidate?
  5. Can I apply for JEE Main if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board? Documents required to submit?
  6. Eligibility to apply for 10th and 12th from NIOS for a candidate who has completed 9th CBSE 5 years ago? Can I apply for JEE Mains after 12th NIOS?
  7. Eligibility for IIT JEE being a 12th student from NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I apply in JEE Main & Advanced with NIOS Maths and CBSE PCB Certificates?
  9. Syllabus of NIOS is same as that of ISC? Is NIOS valid for JEE Mains?
  10. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?
  11. Can I give JEE Advanced next year if I only gave it only once?
  12. Can I apply for NEET if completed 12th from NIOS Board? What is Odisha JEE specially for?
  13. Can I apply for 12th NIOS board to improve my marks to appear for JEE after 2 years gap?
  14. Will there any difficulty in the future if I am studying Diploma after 12th?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Advanced if reappearing in 12th from NIOS board?
  16. What should I write in the column of school name of JEE Main form if studied from NIOS? Do the NIOS students get admission in IITs?
  17. Can I apply for JEE Main 3rd time with NIOS result? -- [New]
  18. Eligibility to appear in JEE for an NIOS student?
25th August 2017, 12:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for JEE on the basis of NIOS qualification?

Yes definitely you can apply for Joint Entrance Test on the basis of your NIOS certificate because this certificate is also valuable and is recognised by most of the universities. You are eligible just you need to look for the instability criteria if you are eligible then you can apply.
25th August 2017, 06:05 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS has same value as any other board in India. You can appear in any entrance exam on the basis of your qualification and eligibility. According to the eligibility criteria, aspirant must have completed 12th standard with PCM from recognised board with minimum 50% marks and it should be in between 17 to 25 years in order to appear in Engineering Test.
25th August 2017, 06:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to have class 12th qualification with PCM and English subjects from any recognized board or NIOS. If you have passed the exam, then surely you will be eligible for it.

Open schooling is accepted by most of the colleges and JEE is no exception. Just make sure you are well prepared for it.
25th August 2017, 06:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for JEE mains exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
25th August 2017, 06:47 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you are very much eligible to apply for JEE exam after qualifying 12th standard from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) board.
NIOS board is recognized by Ministry of HRD Government of India. So, a candidate who have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board, is eligible to apply for JEE Main exam.
The candidate who have passed 12th standard conducted by National Open School with a minimum of five subjects is eligible to appear in the said examination.
25th August 2017, 07:40 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely apply JEE entrance examination after the completion of class 12th from NIOS, there is no problem in it.
The most important criteria for JEE examination is that, candidates must have to complete their class 12th from a recognized Board studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and scoring a minimum of 75% of marks in it.
So, if you satisfy the required criteria, you can apply for JEE examination.
25th August 2017, 08:44 PM
Thexpert
Banned

NIOS board is recognized by the Ministry of HRD government of India, so the board is acceptable for JEE examination. So, the candidate who have studied 12th standard with PCM as compulsory subjects with a minimum percentage marks of 50% from NIOS board, is eligible for JEE Main examination. Make sure you have studied a minimum of 5 subjects in your senior secondary school examination from the NIOS board.
Following are the subjects combination which you should have studied in your 12th; Physics, Mathematics, English language, Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology and any other subjects.
25th August 2017, 09:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree courses in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, IIIT, etc. and other top private engineering colleges.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum number of subjects to be studied at higher secondary school level to appear in JEE then it is five subjects ( excluding the optional/additional subject ) out of which three should by Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and one must be a language subject for student of any board of education whether it is NIOS or CBSE or any other board.

For more details and FAQs associated to JEE you can visit its official website i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
29th August 2017, 10:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, you said that from NIOS minimum 5 subjects are required for applying JEE. I have to ask that total subjects are 5 or without additional subject should be 5?
Yes, NIOS student are eligible for JEE Main exam 2016.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?