27th March 2017, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in BCA, if done 12th without maths?

I have done 12th class with 60%. So, I got admission in BCA without maths in 12th class. But I have statistics and account in 12th class.

Related Questions:
  1. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  2. Possibility to take admission in BCA without maths in 12th?
  3. Which colleges can I get for BCA and MCA admission, if I haven’t studied maths in 12th? -- [New]
  4. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  5. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
  7. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  8. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?
  9. Am I eligible to study BCA if qualified 12th without Maths?
  10. Can I get admission to study BCA in JNU if pursuing 12th Commerce without Maths?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being an Arts student without Maths?
  12. Is it possible to do BCA after passing class 12th with Biology? Is maths required for BCA?
  13. Is there any entrance exam for joining BCA after 12th? How much marks required in 12th to join BCA? Is it compulsory to take Maths?
  14. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  15. Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths?
  16. Can I do BCA without having Maths after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing Commerce without Maths?
  17. What is the eligibility to get admission in MCA? I am a student of BCA
  18. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
27th March 2017, 08:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BCA, if done 12th without maths?

There are some universities like IGNOU which offer admission in BCA even to arts stream students. Hence, you can get admission in such universities.

Most of the reputed and top universities will ask for maths at class 12th level as the minimum criteria. Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam.
27th March 2017, 09:05 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To pursue Bachelor of Computer Application the candidate should have a minimum of 50% in his/her class 12 from a recognized board of education. Some colleges prefer student with a science background and some colleges prefer candidate with mathematics or computer application. Those who are from commerce background with mathematics or statistics can also pursue BCA. The candidates must have completed his 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject. The age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years. The age relaxation is also available for the reserved candidate as per the government norms.
27th March 2017, 09:23 PM
kalamrockz

No, you cannot get admission in BCA course if you have not studied mathematics at your 12th level of education. The eligibility criteria for admission in BCA is that the candidates should have completed their +2 level of education from a recognized board with science and should have studied mathematics in it scoring minimum 50% in aggregate.
27th March 2017, 09:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in BCA course if you have not studied Mathematics subject in your 12th standard. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing BCS course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics subject from a board. Admissions in BCA course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective university.
27th March 2017, 09:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No you cannot pursue BCA if you have completed your 12th without mathematics because mathematics is the basic subject which is required to take admission in BCA course. It is the foremost thing that candidate must have completed 12th with mathematics. So you should opt for some other course because you are not eligible to pursue Bachelor of Computer Application.
27th March 2017, 10:19 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications and the candidates who have completed their 12th standard with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board or its equivalent are eligible for the same. Candidate should have studies mathematics as one of their subjects. Some colleges select the candidates on the basis of marks secured in 12th examination and some conduct their own entrance examination.

As you have not studied mathematics in 12th standard, so you are not eligible to pursue BCA course.
27th March 2017, 10:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

Minimum qualification required to get enrolled for the BCA course is 12th pass or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.The candidate must have pursued 10+2 in Science stream with Physics and Chemistry.Most of the institutes insists that the candidate must have studied Mathematics in their 12th class.

So, you can't get admission in BCA as per your qualification.
28th March 2017, 12:08 AM
khanexpert

If you have not studied mathematics at your +2 level then you cannot get admission in BCA course as for any candidate wanting to get admission in BCA course, studying mathematics is mandatory and moreover, should also have scored a minimum of 50% in it and 60% in aggregate.

However, different colleges have different admission criteria, therefore it varies from college to college.
28th March 2017, 12:47 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year vocational courses from a recognised university.

The basic eligibility criteria to get admission in course varies with university.

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have minimum 60% in 12th board.

Candidate's stream in 12th varies with universities ( PCM / Maths / any stream ).

In some of the universities candidates with any stream are eligible to get admission. Some of them are :-

Kurushetra university.

School of Economics ( University of Delhi ).
5th April 2017, 07:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done 12th class with 60%. So, I got admission in BCA without maths in 12th class. But I have statistics and account in 12th class.
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

The minimum educational qualification for BCA course is 12th standard frm a recognized University with Mathematics and Computer Science.

Your age should be above 16 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?