1st September 2016, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in second year of Diploma in Engineering course if passed 12th with Commerce stream?

Hello sir, My son has just passed 12th standard from CBSE board with Commerce stream. He wants to study Diploma in Engineering. Can he get admission in direct second year of Diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. Can i join Diploma course in Chemical Engineering after passing 12th from Commerce side?
  2. Admission in diploma 1s year in computer engineering after passing 10th and 12th from commerce stream?
  3. Admission in Diploma engineering is possible having done 12th in Commerce?
  4. How can I get admission to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma course if failed in 12th and completed DCA?
  5. What course should I take after passing 10th?
  6. Possibility to take direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma engineering if study 11th with Commerce stream? -- [New]
  7. Can I Get Diploma on my previous year SSC marks? What is the criteria followed?
  8. What is the procedure to get admission for diploma in mechanical if I have study year gaps?
  9. Which diploma course can i pursue after passing 12th with Commerce side?
  10. Can I do diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of commerce course in Higher secondary?
  11. List of diploma engineering colleges in Mumbai? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can i directly enter in 2nd year Diploma after passing 12th in vocational stream with 69%?
  13. How to take admission in diploma programme after 12th?
  14. Eligibility to get admission in Engineering colleges when got failed in 12th commerce in three subjects?
  15. Question papers of management trainee(Pharma) of Hill Lifecare Limited?
  16. Can I get admission in any college in India after passing 12th with commerce stream?
  17. Science 12th pass can get admission in 2nd year of Diploma? Admission in 2nd year of engineering after Diploma?
  18. Is there any entrance exam to get admission in BCA? I have passed 12th with commerce stream
5th September 2016, 10:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in second year of Diploma in Engineering course if passed 12th with Commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, My son has just passed 12th standard from CBSE board with Commerce stream. He wants to study Diploma in Engineering. Can he get admission in direct second year of Diploma?
No, you are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of diploma course.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard or ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for diploma in Engineering.

Your age should be above 16 years.
5th September 2016, 04:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in second year of Diploma in Engineering course if passed 12th with Commerce stream?

No, your son is not eligible to get admission in second year of Diploma in Engineering course after completion of 12th standard with Commerce stream from CBSE Board. Only candidates who have passed two years ITI course or 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to get direct second year admission in Diploma in Engineering course. So, being a 12th standard Commerce student, your son is not eligible to get admission in second year of Diploma in Engineering course.
5th September 2016, 05:57 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, it is not possible to get admission to Diploma in engineering course after 12th with Commerce stream. The students with Commerce or Arts streams are not eligible for the Diploma in engineering through lateral entry. They can apply on the basis of marks scored in the 10th only. So they have to study the course for three years. For the admission to the engineering diploma, the candidates have to appear for a common entrance test conducted by the state technical education. The admission will be based on the marks scored in the class X and entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?