29th May 2016, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I get NIT or any other good college with 81 marks in JEE Main?

I have got 81 marks in Jee main from BSEB 77% and belongs to OBC category. So, in such circumstances please tell me that can i got NIT or any good college....???

29th May 2016, 03:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get NIT or any other good college with 81 marks in JEE Main?

Cut off marks for Joint Entrance Examination Main 2016:

1. General candidate:100 marks

2. OBC candidate: 70 marks

3. SC candidate: 52 marks

4. ST candidate: 48 marks.

You have just qualified JEE Main exam with 81 marks and your 10+2 percentage of marks is not good, therefore there is very less chance of getting admission in National Institute of Technology.
29th May 2016, 07:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*The rank card of Joint Entrance Examination Main has not been declared but cut off marks is generated by CBSE. For OBC candidates, it was 70 marks.

*Seeing your cut off marks and board percentage of marks, it does not seem that you will get admission in any National Institute of Technology.

However as you have qualified, you must participate in counselling process, you can get admission in good engineering college.
29th May 2016, 09:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission in NIT with 81 marks in JEE Main and 77% aggregate marks in your 12th standard being a OBC category candidate. To get admission in NIT, you must have to score minimum 300 marks in JEE Main examination and at least 95% aggregate marks in your 12th standard. Since, you have scored very less marks in JEE Main and average aggregate marks in your 12th standard board examinations, you cannot get admission in NIT.
29th May 2016, 10:54 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

First of all I congratulated you for passing 12th board exam. You have scored 81 marks in JEE Main exam and belong to OBC category and score 77% marks in 12th board exam from BSEB board. You want to know whether there is any chance of getting admission in NIT’s.

>>I am sorry to say that it is very difficult to get admission with this score. The main reason is that the cut off for getting admission in NIT’s in any discipline in OBC category is more than 130 marks. So there is no chance of getting admission in any NIT’s with this score.

>>In my opinion you have to try some other good colleges. For this you have to take the entrance exam of that college and try to score more marks in their entrance exams.

Following are the list of good colleges in which you can apply:

--VIT vellore

--DTU

--IPU, Delhi

--BITS Pilani

--DAIICT, Gandinagar

--BIT Mesra Ranchi
30th May 2016, 02:08 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Your score is not goof enough to get you admitted in NITs or any other premium government Institutions. You should have however scored a minimum of 350 in JEE(Mains) and above 95% in 12th boards to stand a chance to get into NITs. However, you should try for admission in various good colleges and see if you might get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?