10th November 2015, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I study IT Engineering in any Private college without Mathematics in 12th AHSEC? Should I have to appear in betterment exam of Mathematics?

Sir,
I am a student of AHSEC Board, i.e, Assam Education Board. I had 6 subjects in my 12th Board exams. I have passed out this year with 68%. But I only scored 15 marks in Maths but since I had six subjects I did not fail my 12th Board exams and my Maths marks were not taken into account. And there are no compartment exams in AHSEC Board. But I want to pursue IT Engineering and for that I have to clear the Maths subject. Can I apply for betterment exam in Maths only and then pursue Engineering next year? My six subjects are as follows: Alternative English(MIL), English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Computer. If I can't apply for JEE or other competitive exams, can I atleast take admission in private Engineering Colleges? Please reply as soon as possible. This is very important to me.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics after finishing MSc Mathematics
  2. Can I appear in JEE Main next year after pursuing Mathematics Improvement exam of 12th AHSEC?
  3. Whether I should go for B.Sc mathematics from a good college or engineering from a private non-valued college?
  4. Chances to study Engineering for a candidate with 24 marks in Maths of 12th AHSEC?
  5. Is Maths crucial for B.Tech? What will I do if I have 54% only in Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Scope of getting admission in M.Sc Maths?
  7. Can I get admission to study Mathematics Honours in Presidency college if secured 92% in 12th WBCHSE and scored 97 marks in Mathematics?
  8. Possibility to study B.Sc in Mathematics if completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology?
  9. List of colleges which offer B.Sc(Mathematics) in Kerala to a candidate who has secured 82% in 12th and 70% in Mathematics?
  10. Last date of submission of forms of MSc maths?
  11. Can I become an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in any Government college if pursuing PhD in Mathematics and Teaching in Private college?
  12. How to study BSc mathematics and mechanical engineering?
  13. Detailed admission procedure and percentage required in 12th AHSEC Science to study B.Sc(Microbiology) in St. Xavier's College, Kolkata?
  14. Is it possible to get provision admission in any Engineering college for a candidate who has secured 65% in aggregate but failed in Mathematics of 12th CBSE?
  15. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Mathematics) in IGNOU if secured 76.88% in 12th PSEB and 66% in Mathematics? Fee expenses and documents required to submit?
  16. Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I study B.Sc(Food Technology) with 66% in 12th AHSEC being an SC candidate?
  18. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
12th November 2015, 12:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study IT Engineering in any Private college without Mathematics in 12th AHSEC? Should I have to appear in betterment exam of Mathematics?

For any engineering entrance exam you need to pass in Physics, Chemistry and Maths to become eligible to appear. Therefore, if you are not pass in maths then it will be almost impossible to appear for entrance exam.

Hence, try to pass the maths exam so that you are eligible for the exam. Therefore , there is no other choice for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?