10th August 2017, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

How to find out, if I am pass or not in a subject?

My marks is 14 before rechecking but after rechecking it becomes 19.and in remarks there is written change. Please clear my doubt that I will pass or fail in that subject. My practical marks is 28.

10th August 2017, 06:58 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to find out, if I am pass or not in a subject?

Let me inform you that there are two types of passing rules.In some exam boards there is a rule that a candidate must have to pass individually in theory as well as in practical paper to qualify in that subject's examination, and in some examination boards there is a rule that if a candidate is fail in theory examination but pass in practical examination and also pass in overall subject by combining theory and practical marks then the candidate will be considered as pass in that subject.
So you are advised to prefer you examination board rule to get the information, also you can contact to your subject teacher to get the best information.
10th August 2017, 08:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the rules of that particular board. Normally, most of the boards will ask for 33% marks in a subject to pass, if it is a theory paper only.

In some cases, overall 40% marks is required to pass, in those subjects, which has some practical marks. In such case, you should be passed by the board, if passing in theory is not required.
10th August 2017, 11:34 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since after the re check of your paper, if you got 19 marks and if getting 19 marks is a pass mark in the written examination, then definitely you will be passed in the examination. Since you have 28 marks in practical examination, so by adding written and practical marks, you are passed in your respective subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?