28th April 2017, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Minimum age for nursery CBSE school? Eligibility criteria to get the admission?

What is the minimum age for nursery cbse school as my son's dob is 29th August 2014. Now he is 1.9 old. When cbse nursery admissions starts? Will he eligible for next academic year 2017 for nursery? Also is he complete right age for std first for cbse? Or same age criteria is valid for Icse school? Awaiting for the response.

29th April 2017, 11:43 PM
khanexpert

Default Re: Minimum age for nursery CBSE school? Eligibility criteria to get the admission?

Minimum age is 3.5 years at the time of admission of the candidate and not below that. There is no such eligibility apart from the candidate's age.

Candidate will have to appear for an interview session along with their his/her parents and can get admission after clearing the interview.
30th April 2017, 10:28 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum age for nursery CBSE school? Eligibility criteria to get the admission?

Through government resolution, the minimum age is fixed as three years from the academic year 2015-2016. Hence your son is eligible for admission in nursery school. You should have date of birth certificate of your son, passport size photographs of your son, your ID, residential proof for getting admission in CBSE school.

CBSE school for admission in Nursery:

New Horizon School
Darshan Academy Delhi
Delhi Public School, Dwarka
30th April 2017, 01:19 PM
kalamrockz

The minimum age is 3.5 years for a child to have attained in order to get admission in nursery standard.

Your child will however be able to get admission in the year 2018 and not 2017.
30th April 2017, 01:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the minimum age for nursery cbse school as my son's dob is 29th August 2014. Now he is 1.9 old. When cbse nursery admissions starts? Will he eligible for next academic year 2017 for nursery? Also is he complete right age for std first for cbse? Or same age criteria is valid for Icse school? Awaiting for the response.

Minimum age for nursery admission in CBSE School is 2 years and 6 months to 3 years and 6 months. Students with over two years and six months are eligible for Nursery admission in CBSE Schools. The kids are taught Alphabets, Rhymes, Stories, Numbers, General Awareness, Environment Science, sentence structures, Picture telling etc in the Nursery schools. Therefore, you can contact the CBSE School close to your home for admission.
30th April 2017, 07:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The admission process begins mainly in month of January or February and continue till the academic session starts.

There is no age limit declared by CBSE or any other recognised board to get admission in any std.

It's the responsibility of the Directorates of State Education Board to declare the minimum age limit. So, it is same for all schools within respective state.
30th April 2017, 07:33 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Every school has its different eligibility criteria. According to my knowledge minimum age criteria for admission is 2.5 years. But in some of the schools it is also 2 years.
In kids classes there is no any special criteria for admission.
30th April 2017, 08:44 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Age Criteria Required for getting admission in Nursery in CBSE School:

In general, there is no certain age criteria required for getting admission into Nursery class. The minimum age criteria required for getting admission in nursery is as follows.

>> Minimum age required for getting admission into Nursery is 3 years

>> As far as your son's date of birth is concerned, he is not eligible to get admission into Nursery. So I suggest you to wait for one more year to get admission into Nursery class.

>> By next year of May month, he will be eligible to get admission.
30th April 2017, 10:10 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is no minimum age criteria for the admission in the nursery.

According to the CBSE, the minimum age required to get the admission in standard 1 is 5 years at least.

So, you can calculate accordingly and get your ward admitted.
1st May 2017, 12:46 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

The minimum age required to get admission in Nursery standard in any CBSE affiliated school is 3 years. As your son is not completing 3 years for admission in academic year 2017, so he is not eligible for admission in Nursery. There is no other eligibility criteria for admission in Nurser standard but you should have proper documents like date of birth certificate, residence proof, latest photo graphs etc.
4th January 2018, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi I reside in Mumbai my son is born 7 November 2014 can you pls help me I am looking for admission in nursery CBSE board.

Have I crossed the time limits?

Thanks
Jitendra Mishra
21st August 2018, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

My daughter dob is 22nd November 2015.I am looking for admission in lower kg in CBSE school. Suggest me can I admit her in lower kg or nursery..
23rd October 2018, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

My Daughter's DOB is 1st August 2016 and we reside in Mumbai, just wanted to know if she is eligible for admission to Nursery.
22nd December 2018, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

My daughter next acedamic yer 2 nd class eligible ,she dob is 08 April 2013.
8th April 2019, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

My son DOB is 18.05.2013. as per CBSE nors he eligible for 2nd standard in 2019-20 Financial year liginl
13th August 2019, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

My son date of birth is 12/11/2016 when he was going to school for admission in cbsc
20th September 2019, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

My son was born on 7th Dec1914.will he illegible for admission in nursery class of cbse.
31st January 2020, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

My daughter don:15-02-2017
2020 june she is eligible for LKG or Pre-kg
If we put LKG means 10th Std Board Exams age limit any problem. Please suggest.
2019 October itself she is going to Pre KG near by home one school. For 2020 june she completed 3 years 3 months so she is eligible for LKG or Again Pre KG
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?