20th August 2016, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria followed for pre LKG/Nursery in CBSE board?

What is the age criteria for pre LKG/nursery my son born on aug.24, 2013 will he is eligible to admit in school 2016 from j&k (sunderbani) rajouri? Can you please provide me the details on the same? Awaiting for the quick response. Thank you!

21st August 2016, 02:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for pre LKG/Nursery in CBSE board?

As per the eligibility criteria the minimum age required to take admission in LKG is complete 3 and half years in the year of admission. This age criteria is followed by each and every recognised school of India. And to take admission in pre Nursery the student must have completed the age of 2 and half years.
21st August 2016, 05:26 PM
onemdindus

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for pre LKG/Nursery in CBSE board?

Age criteria followed for pre LKG/Nursery in CBSE board

The minimum age for a child to get admission in lower kindergarten (LKG), is 3+. So, your son is eligible to join pre LKG/nursery.

Several schools currently admit students in nursery at the age of 2.5.
21st August 2016, 05:34 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

As you want to know age criteria followed for pre LKG/Nursery in CBSE board here, I am going to tell you the same:

Age Criteria:

For pre K.G- Child must be 2 ½ years old.
For L.K.G - Child must be 3 ½ years old.
FOR U.K.G- Child must be 4 ½ years old.

Syllabus for the LKG:
A-Z capital Letters
1-50 Numbers
Lot of rhymes
Story telling
Good manners

As per my knowledge, yes your son eligible to admit in school 2016
21st August 2016, 11:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required for a child to be eligible to get admission in Pre LKG/ Nursery in CBSE Board school is 3 years. Since, your son was born on Aug 24, 2013, he is almost 3 years old at present, so, he is eligible to get admission in Pre LKG/ Nursery in CBSE Board school.
22nd August 2016, 01:41 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in Lkg/Nursery, your child should have attained the age of 3 years and 6 months and as the D.O.B. you have mentioned, your child has not attained the required age and therefore, he will be most eligible for admission in the concluding year in any good school and can continue further with his studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?