18th July 2017, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Is my caste valid for getting reservation benefit?

What does a Virashiva Lingayath commonly or there is sub caste below it. Please help me with my doubts. I have qualified JEE mains. Now for registration JEE advance they are asking us for the sub caste of Lingayaths. Please reply to this comment and inbox me

Related Questions:
  1. What are the benefits I will get during On-Campus Drives being an SC student?
  2. Will I get benefit of reservation if belongs to a Hindu Nair caste?
  3. Am I under BC-E category being a muslim?
  4. Can I get relaxation in HIL Graduate Apprentice recruitment being an SC candidate? -- [New]
  5. Do I have to renew my 1 year old ST certificate?
  6. Which caste certificate should I use for reservation?
  7. Being a Roman Catholic Christian what is my category among Reserved and General categories if applying for jobs in Central Government?
  8. Is my friends OBC certificate valid in West Bengal for reservation in Home Quota in NIT Durgapur? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is Karnataka state caste certificate valid in Maharashtra?
  10. Will my daughter get benefit of reservation as I am an ex-serviceman?
  11. Which category should I choose in GATE application form?
  12. Where to complain for people taking illegal benefit of reservation?
  13. BC-E caste falls under which category? Is there a reservation in GATE for BC-E?
  14. A candidate basically from Karnataka seek SC reservation in Maharashtra after living for 15 years?
  15. How many engineering seats are reserved for SC students?
  16. Is it necessary to pass in both the exams of NDA? Or do we have to qualify by just passing by sub total of marks of both the exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Are there any seat reserved for Minority Roman Catholic in St. John Medical college for MBBS? Will bank agree for Education Loan if getting admission under reserved quota?
  18. Can I get reservation to do M.Pharmacy in college after 5333 rank in PGECET?
19th July 2017, 09:46 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Is my caste valid for getting reservation benefit?

They are forward community, and are in 3A ,3B and OBC category. They are given all 3 category because Lingayaths are a social group not a cast it comprises of many casts like Brahmins, Kurubas, Kshatriya, Vokkaligas, Dalits, Vaishyas, who were under the influence of Basavannas social reform movement in 12th century in north Karnataka.
19th July 2017, 10:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my caste valid for getting reservation benefit?

You can contact the concerned authority to get more information about your reservation status. For JEE the reservation is available only to castes like SC/ST and OBC. There is no sub caste rule in it.

If you have got your caste in the central list, then you will be eligible for reservation at JEE. Just get the necessary certificates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?