13th November 2016, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Is my son eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 4 years?

Respected Sir, My son is 4 years old now and I want to get him admitted in class 1. Is my son eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 4 years? Please let me know whether he is eligible or not. I am waiting for your reply. Thanking you, Dolly Shaw.
[email protected]

15th November 2016, 10:05 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is my son eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 4 years?

No, he is not eligible right now. If you want your son to study in 1st class, then for 2 more years. A student can take admission in class 1 he/she reaches to the age of 6 years. So,right now, do not try to admit him in 1st class instead of that can put him in LKG.
15th November 2016, 01:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my son eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 4 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, My son is 4 years old now and I want to get him admitted in class 1. Is my son eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 4 years? Please let me know whether he is eligible or not. I am waiting for your reply. Thanking you, Dolly Shaw.
[email protected]

It is always advisable to admit the students to the 1st standard at the age of 5 years. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools generally admit the students in 1st standard at the age of 5 years. In many states students above five years age are admitted to Class I. But some schools admit the students in 1st standard with less than 5 years. One can check the details in the school you want to admit.
15th November 2016, 08:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, your son is not eligible to get admission in Class 1 at the age of 4 years. To be eligible to take admission for your child in Class 1, he must be at least 5 years 6 months old as on 31st March of the year of examination. Since, your son is 4 years old, you can't take admission for him in first standard and even if any school offer admission in 1st standard for your child at the time of 4 years, he may face age criteria problem while appearing in 10th standard board examinations.
15th November 2016, 09:39 PM
princekainth2

Sorry, but your child is not eligible for admission in class 1 as the eligibility says that children's age should six years for Class I.

You should admit your children in UKG as he is eligible for admission in that class.
15th November 2016, 09:50 PM
pruthvi12dba

No its not possible at this age your son should be in L.K.G this is the correct standards.

* In some reputed schools they won't give admissions for 1st class.
* In case if you join means it will affect your son at the time of Board exams.
* And its too burden to study for your kid.
15th November 2016, 10:57 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No, your child is not eligible for the admission. You have to wait for the same.

The only criteria according to the CBSE is the candidate should have completed 5 years of age at least at the time when he takes the admission in 1st standard.

Since your child has not fulfilled the age criteria, he cannot get the admission.
15th November 2016, 11:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The age limit to get admission in any school any particular std is fixed by State Directorates.

So, you need to visit the school for the admission details as there is no same eligibility for all the state.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?