26th February 2016, 07:35 AM
Unregistered

Is NIOS certificate acceptable for Law college?

I have completed my 12th standard from NIOS board. I want to know that whether my NIOS certificate is acceptable for admission in the law colleges under bar council of India? Please reply.

26th February 2016, 09:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NIOS certificate acceptable for Law college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th standard from NIOS board. I want to know that whether my NIOS certificate is acceptable for admission in the law colleges under bar council of India? Please reply.
You have completed 12th standard from NIOS board so you are eligible for Law college under bar council of India.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible for Law course.
26th February 2016, 02:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely National Indira Gandhi Open University certificate has same value as that of Central Board of Secondary Education certificate and other boards.
So you can pursue 5 years degree course in law. You have to apply in the college where you want to take admission.
26th February 2016, 02:28 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under Ministry of Human Research and Development of India.

So, you are eligible to appear for various entrance examination conducted for admission in Law courses.

You can appear for CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) examination to get admission in National Law university for LLB course. To get admission in 5 year LLB course required eligibility is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board in any discipline.

So, to get more information about admission procedure visit the official website of university for admission detail.
26th February 2016, 04:24 PM
OnePlus

Yes as NIOS is an open schooling board but it has great value like CBSE and ISC .

Your NIOS certificate is valuable for taking admission in law college.

NIOS is highly recognized board . Mainly people thinks it has less value because it is an open schooling board which is not true.
26th February 2016, 11:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS is also a recognized board and is valid to pursue higher studies and in Law also. Let me clear you that NIOS is also a recognized board and same value as other boards like CBSE, ICSE, and others.
27th February 2016, 12:11 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in LLB course after 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling.

NIOS is a recognised board and candidates passed 10+2 from NIOS are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in LLB course conducted for admission in various university.

So, you can appear for examination but you need to get other detail about eligibility from official website of university. LLB will be of 5 year duration after 10+2.
27th February 2016, 12:58 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, NIOS certificate is valid and acceptable for studying in Law Colleges. NIOS certificate is valid like CBSE or any other board certificate. So don’t worry about the validity of the certificate. The link of Government Circular for NIOS given here, you can check the details
http://www.nios.ac.in/departmentsuni...-for-nios.aspx
8th March 2017, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12 from NOIS I want to know do my certificate is acceptable by Allahabad university for my admissions
31st March 2017, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th standard from NIOS board..I want to know that whether my NIOS certificate is accpetable by Assam law colleges for my admissions??please reply
14th March 2018, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my degree through correspondence and appeared for ap lawcet but was rejected due to I don't have 2 so I decided to complete 2 through NIOS one sitting is it eligible to get admission in law. Please share your opinion. Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?