1st August 2018, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th Uttarakhand Board to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 10th standard from Uttarakhand Board. I am weak in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 10th Board exam from this Uttarakhand Board so that I can achieve my aim?

5th August 2018, 07:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th Uttarakhand Board to become an IPS Officer?

To be an IPS officer, you need not be very concerned about your percentage in 10th standard because you have to pursue a graduation degree in any discipline in which you are interested.
The only criteria to appear in civil services examination is that the candidate must have minimum qualification of Graduation and should have passed all the examinations.
5th August 2018, 07:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th Uttarakhand Board to become an IPS Officer?

Percentage required in 10th Uttarakhand board to become an IPS officer :-

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in class 10th for becoming an IPS officer then for your information I would like to let you know that there is no such requirement.

For becoming an IPS officer you are required to complete a civil services examination held by UPSC once every year and for appearing in the same examination.

The minimum education required in graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University.

Stream and marks at any academic level is not considered for appearing in the civil services examination .

For mode detailed information regarding the civil services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2018, 08:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum percentage required in 10th board to apply for IPS officer examination. The only criteria is that a candidate must hold a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised University and must have age between 21 to 32 years where as relaxation is given to reserved candidates in upper age limit.
5th August 2018, 08:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S is Indian Police Service for recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

There is no limitation on aggregate in 10th and other academic qualification to appear in examination.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2018, 08:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for selection as an I.P.S, I.F.S Officer etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

No limitation on discipline and aggregate of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

So, you need to focus on your preparation for examination to qualify in the examination. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th August 2018, 10:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and for becoming an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as following :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Further, I would like to let you know that marks and stream of academics at any academic level does not matter for deciding the candidature of a candidate for appearing in the same examination and therefore you do not have to worry about the marks which you must have to secure in your Class 10th to be eligible for appearing in the civil services examination.

For detailed information regarding the civil services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?