16th November 2016, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS officer?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th now and after completing it I want to become an IPS officer so I want to know how can I become an IPS officer after completing class 10th? what is the eligibility criteria required for the same?

18th November 2016, 12:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th now and after completing it I want to become an IPS officer so I want to know how can I become an IPS officer after completing class 10th? what is the eligibility criteria required for the same?

The candidates who want to become an IPS Officer should appear & clear the UPSC Civil Services Examinations. The eligibility to appear UPSC Civil Services Examination is a pass in Bachelor’s Degree (BA, B.Sc, B.Com, BE, B.Tech, MBBS etc) in any discipline from a recognized university. The candidates should be less than 32 years of age for the general category, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST. The civil services examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The candidates should first clear the preliminary examination. So after completion of graduation you can apply for civil services examination, which will be held once every year. The UPSC website link is Click Here
18th November 2016, 04:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You cannot become IPS Officer directly after completion of 10th Class. Yes, you are required to meet certain eligibility criteria in order to be eligible. The basic eligibility criteria required is as follows.

Minimum Eligibility Criteria Required:

>> In order to become an IPS Officer, you are required to appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

>> IPS service is an All India Service and the basic criteria required is as follows.

>> You must have completed Graduate Degree or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> For Indian Police Service, you must be a Indian Citizen

>> Minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 32 years for general category candidates. There will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
18th November 2016, 08:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer which is one of the highest post in the administrative post one has to qualify Civil Services examination.

--> Civil Services examinations are held once every year by UPSC for recruitment at various administrative posts like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc. officer posts. Also the examination is being held in three stages which include Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* For IPS, their are certain physical fitness criteria which are required to be satisfied too.

So being a Class 10th passed candidate you will have to wait till you complete your graduation degree but you can prepare for the same from here on as the examination is one of the examination with low success rate.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
18th November 2016, 10:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?