27th June 2018, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th Goa Board to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 9th standard from Goa Board. I am weak in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 10th Board exam from this Board so that I can achieve my aim?

29th June 2018, 12:01 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th Goa Board to become an IPS Officer?

First thing I would like to let you know that IPS refers to Indian Police Service and for becoming an IPS officer you are required to qualify Civil Services examinations held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examinations are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree course are eligible to appear in the same examination. Marks and stream of academics at any academic level is not considered to decide the eligibility of a candidate for the same examination.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 10th to become an IPS officer, then as mentioned above there is no such requirement at any stage of academics.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 02:22 AM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

There is no minimum percentage requirement in 10th board to apply for IPS Officer.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility Criteria :

Age Limit :
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 32 years as on 1st August in the year of examination.
Relaxation in age is as follows :
SC/ST candidates : 5 years
OBC candidates : 3 years
Candidate from the State of Jammu & Kashmir : 5 years
Defence Services personnel : 5 years
Ex-servicemen : 5 years
ECOs/SSCOs : 5 years
PwD Candidates : 10 years

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates: 7 attempts
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates (SC/ST): No Limits
Other Backward Classes (OBC): 9 attempts
Physically handicapped: 9 attempts

Educational Qualification :
Candidate must posses graduation degree from any recognized university in any stream.

Physical Criteria :

Minimum Height -
Men : 165cm
Women : 150cm
Relaxation of 5 cms is there for ST candidates and for Races like Assamese, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Nagaland Tribals, etc.

Chest -
Men : 84 cms
Women : 79 cms

Myopia : Not more than minus 4D
Hyper-myopia : Not more than +4D
29th June 2018, 08:49 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

You just need to have passing percentage of marks in 10th in order to become eligible for IPS entrance examination called Civil Services examination.

Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic qualification required to apply for examination. Minimum age required to apply for exam is 21 years.
29th June 2018, 09:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 10th for becoming an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer then for your information I would like to let you know that there is no such requirement.

Further, for becoming an IPS officer, you are required to compete Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year and for appearing in the same examination the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Stream and marks at any academic level is not considered for appearing in the civil services examination.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 10:05 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that only completing 10th board is not sufficient. You have to complete graduation first then only you will be eligible to write UPSC IAS entrance test.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in graduation.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years.
Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?