22nd November 2017, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to have french as a second language in CBSE?

Hello, my daughter is doing her 9th grade in igcse board. French is her second language , because she does not know Tamil or Hindi. We moved from france to India. I am planning to change her to CBSE board for 11th grade. Is it possible to have french as a second language in CBSE? We are in Tamil nadu .

Related Questions:
  1. French language syllabus for CBSE class 10th?
  2. Which language has a greater scope, French, German, Japanese or Chinese? Is there any scope for girls in the french language? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is taking French Language in Higher Secondary Education of CBSE creates any problem to join Civil Services?
  4. Which is the best career option after BA graduation?
  5. Is it possible to have french as a second language in CBSE? -- [New]
  6. Scope for French language in India and minimum earning aftre doing any course related to the language?
  7. Is there any university providing BA/MA in French through correspondence course?
  8. Can I get any job or any scholarship for further studies after completing diploma in french from DU?
  9. What are the job opportunities for a post graduate in french language?
  10. Should I do certificate course in Foreign Language(French or Germany)? Which one should I go for?
  11. Details of French language course or Diploma in French language at any esteemed university?
  12. Which language has a greater scope for girls, French or Japanese or any other Indian language? Scope of learning french language?
  13. Which foreign language among German, Spanish, French and Japanese will provide better job opportunity?
  14. Admission procedure for learning French at BHU Varanasi aftre Post graduation diploma in Travel and Tourism Management?
  15. How to study French Language in BHU, Varanasi for PG Diploma holder?
  16. Can I apply for subject change to Hindi from french after half yearly examination in 10th?
  17. What is the scope of doing MA in french language? What kind of job one can get?
  18. How can I apply for joining courses in French language?
22nd November 2017, 10:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to have french as a second language in CBSE?

It will depend on the school and if they have faculty for such subjects, then surely there will be no problem because CBSE clearly allows foreign language as one of the subject.

There is no need to worry about anything. Just make sure that you get your daughter in the right school.
23rd November 2017, 12:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it can be possible to have French as a second language, only if the School authorities allow to opt the said language as a second language.
Some of the CBSE Schools have an option of French language, you need to contact to the Head of the Institution stating your issue. Rest of the decision will be taken by the School authorities.
16th September 2018, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

My son is in VI now in a school in the Middle East.He has Hindi as the second language. As non-speakers of Hindi, he finds it really difficult to study. Is there an option of selecting French as Second language in CBSE?
4th March 2020, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is in class X now studying in Indian school in Middle East (CBSE Board) and will appear for boards in 2021. She has french as second language. Due to certain unavoidable reasons we might have to relocate to our home town at kolkata, India. As far as we know Kolkata doesn't have CBSE schools which offers french as second language, we also tried to search and find out. Kindly advise what can be done in such a situation. Can she still appear for french paper even if she does not study french in school. Kindly advise best option.
23rd April 2020, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Can any one let me know if any Kolkata CBSE school has option of French as 2nd language ? I plan to come back in India in June 2020 but my daughter already started learning French currently which she wants to continue.

Thanks
16th October 2020, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

I would like to learn French in class 9 instead of hindi, but the school I joined does not have an option for it, is it possible for me to take french in 9th taking private tuitions and appear for the exam in 10th?
16th November 2020, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

We are tamilians. We know to speak telugu and we can understand too. We do know hindi and we are currently in hyderabad. What language we can select as a second language in cbse school.
19th May 2022, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Which school in chennai offer Hindi as second language?
22nd June 2022, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

I am a french teacher teaching grades 6-10. I would like to commence the language in class 11 also. How I can begin with french as a language in class 11 in my school. What are the criterias to enroll? How CBSE offers this language to students?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?