25th November 2013, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Should I join open school instead of regular? Is NIOS much difficult than regular school?

Hi,I'm Dhruv
Right now I'm in 11th grade and scoring good marks
I'm thinking of preparing for PMT for the next year and it looks difficult to manage both institute and school.Should I join Open School instead of regular one.?
I Just wanna know
Is Nios much difficult than regular school?
Or any suggestions you would like to give me?
I would really appreciate your answers.
Thanks

2nd January 2014, 04:05 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I join open school instead of regular? Is NIOS much difficult than regular school?

You may have strong reasons that you decided to change the board in class 11. Changing board will not advisable either as it would create adjustment issues for you. You may also face the change in the syllabus. Besides, there are boards that are barred from appearing the competitive examinations. Do not take any decision in haste as it may cost you your future. Also NIOS may grant you the time frame to study but attending a regular school will help you in keeping yourself abreast.
14th September 2017, 06:46 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I join open school instead of regular? Is NIOS much difficult than regular school?

Yes, you can apply for NIOS board.
NIOS is an open schooling board and it's a highly recognised board of India like other boards of India like CBSE ISC etc.

In NIOS there will be no need to attend regular classes and it might be difficult for you because you have to study by your own without teacher guidance.
You can join any coaching classes if you will face any difficulty.
18th September 2017, 07:30 PM
sapphire1

Yes, you can apply for the NIOS for class 12th.But I think it is not wise decision to change board in 12th class. It is peak time and further studies depend on your class 12th marks. And as you want to apply for PMT then I think it is best to do 12th class regular.

But as you have a problem then you can apply for NIOS. The syllabus is not tough as you are a bright student then you can clear it easily.

You can easily apply for the NIOS exam and for this you have not to attend classes regularly. So, you can easily prepare for PMT examination. NIOS is an open schooling board and it has the same value as other boards.
4th August 2018, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Is an open school pasSed student eligible for competitive exams including government exams and for any scholarships in india or abroad.
22nd October 2018, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir i want to pursue ahead my career in music so i cannot adjust time with my studies and 2nd thing I'm weak in maths and I've more interest towards music and because of these things I've failed in 9th standard so I'm thinking to do my 10th from NIOS as i want more time for my piano and singing classes so is it a nice decision will i be able to do it ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?