13th December 2016, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th for UPSC examination to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS)?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to become a Forest Officer in the future so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th for UPSC examination to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS)? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th December 2016, 07:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th for UPSC examination to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS)?

The minimum required qualification to appear for Forest Service examination is bachelor degree.

The discipline of bachelor degree must be Animal Husbandry, Zoology, Botany, Physics, Chemistry, Forestry etc.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category. Candidates are eligible to select stream in 11th as per discipline of bachelor degree they want to pursue.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2016, 08:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th for UPSC examination to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS)?

I.F.S stands for Indian Forest Service and for recruitment as an I.F.S officer the candidates have to appear for examination conducted by UPSC.

There is no limitation on 11th and 12th stream to appear for examination as the minimum required qualification to appear for examination is bachelor degree and limitation on discipline of degree.

The discipline of degree must be :-

Botany.
Zoology.
Chemistry.
Animal Husbandry etc.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2016, 08:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become Indian forest officer you have to choose science stream in your intermediate whether medical or non medical. So you have to choose physics, chemistry, mathematics /biology in intermediate. After completion of your intermedeate you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is provided to the candidates of reserved categories.
Personally I would like to suggest you to complete your graduation in Forestry.
14th December 2016, 08:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to get job in Indian Forest Services (IFS):

There is a certain minimum criteria required to get job in Indian Forest Services (IFS). IFS Entrance Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

In general, the minimum qualification required to get job in Indian Forest Services is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree from a recognized university.

As the basic qualification required to be eligible for IFS recruitment examination is "Graduate Degree". So in general graduation can be done after successful completion of 12th Class.

You may pursue 12th Class in any stream from a recognized university. Several streams available are, Arts, Commerce and Science. So you may choose any one of the above mentioned streams in 12th Class to be eligible. In general, candidates choose Science in 12th Class and then pursue Graduation based on their Interested area.
14th December 2016, 09:23 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Become Indian forest officer a candidate must have done graduation in Forestry from a recognised University with at least 50% marks and relaxation or 5% is provided to reserved students.
You have to opt for science stream in 11th and 12th standard and you have to pass it with minimum of 50% marks and 5% relaxation is provided to SC and ST students.
You can appear in ICAR exam if you want to get admission in All India Institute of forestry.
14th December 2016, 09:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Indian Forest Services examination is:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects like Animal Husbandry or Veterinary science or Physics or Zoology or Botany or Mathematics or Geology, Agriculture or Statistics etc.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in engineering can also apply for the Indian Forest Services examination.

You can choose any stream in 11th but you must be cautious to choose stream that contains above eligibility criteria at bachelor's degree. In final year of bachelor's degree, you can apply for IFS exam. It is conducted by UPSC and minimum age limit is 21 years.
14th December 2016, 09:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to take science stream with biology, if you are interested in Indian Forest Services. Also, those who study maths, geography, geology, agro-forestry, physics, chemistry and biochemistry are considered for this exam.

Hence, make sure you study science stream in your class 12th. UPSC conducts the exam along with civil services exam. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview.
15th December 2016, 06:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to become a Forest Officer in the future so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th for UPSC examination to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS)? Please answer as soon as possible.
10th or 12th standard subject doesn't require for Indian Forest Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
1st July 2020, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR Can i select computer science in 11 th to become an IFS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?