13th July 2017, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to opt, science or commerce?

I am confused in subjects, science and commerce. I don't know which subject, I should choose now in 11th and I am not interested in math and I am weak too in this subject. Please help me.

13th July 2017, 11:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to opt, science or commerce?

As you are saying that you are not good in mathematics subject so I would like to suggest you to either to choose medical or commerce without maths. If you are not good at mathematics then it will cause problem to you in gaining good marks so it is better to choose that subject stream in which you are confident and you can cope up with the syllabus. You can also go for Arts stream because after completing your 12th standard you can simply complete your graduation in Arts and after that you will have number of exams which you can appear to get government job.
13th July 2017, 11:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Science stream is the best option between Science and Commerce streams. Both Science and Commerce streams has their own scope as far as career opportunities are concerned.

When compared to these both streams, candidates from Science background can find good number of job opportunities rather than candidates from Commerce background.

After successful completion of Science course, you can pursue B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BA/ BBA/ BCA/ BBM..etc. courses. Where as you may pursue B.Com after completion of 12th Class from Commerce background. So I suggest you to go with Science background and you may get perfection in Mathematics subject only through practice.
14th July 2017, 12:53 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Look both the streams, Science and Commerce, are good in their own and possess various opportunities.
Since you are not interested in mathematics, then you should neither take commerce nor pure science as in both of them there is vast use of mathematics.
So it would be good for you to take science with physics, chemistry and biology as your main subjects.
14th July 2017, 07:14 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** As per my suggestion you can take admission in science stream rather than Commerce stream.

** As you say you does't like mathematics so that you can take admission in Medical stream i.e Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

The name of best courses for you after completion you 12th with PCB are given below.

1. MBBS.

2. BAMS

3. BHMS

4. BUMS

5. BDS.

6. B.VSc AH

7. BNYS
14th July 2017, 08:42 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned in query that you are not interested in Mathematics then Science stream with PCM subjects will be very difficult for you. Commerce without mathematics is a tough course.

You should choose Science stream with PCB subjects. This will help to apply for courses like MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS etc.
14th July 2017, 10:56 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Studying science or commerce totally depends on your interest. Both the subjects have great career scopes in future, so comparing will be just a waste of time. If you think you can understand science better and find it interesting, then you can choose that and if not then you can opt for commerce. So, at first calm your mind down and think about the stream which you feel in easy to understand and interesting.
14th July 2017, 01:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me you should opt Commerce as because you have mentioned that you are very weak in Maths. That is why if you should go through Commerce it will be good. One more important thing is that Commerce has more job opportunities.
Some of them are as under:-
Auditing
Lecturer
Banking
SSC
LIC
MTS
CA
14th July 2017, 01:34 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am confused in subjects, science and commerce. I don't know which subject, I should choose now in 11th and I am not interested in math and I am weak too in this subject. Please help me.

Actually, both the streams are good to pursue. If you compare the scope of the courses then science is better than commerce. Scope for the engineering and technology is higher compared to the commerce students. Actually, one should choose the subjects based on his interest. Science stream is the most preferred one in India. Scope for the engineering and technology graduates are higher with a very good salary. But you have to study the engineering course from any reputed institutions to get a good job with high salary. Therefore, at present science subjects are better to pursue than commerce.
14th July 2017, 01:41 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Students who are weak in Mathematics should not opt for stream which contains mathematics and Physics. You should opt for commerce stream. Commerce stream also requires basic knowledge of mathematics.

After 12th in commerce, you can apply for various commerce related courses like:

Chartered Accountancy course.

Company Secretary course.

Bachelor of Commerce etc.
15th July 2017, 06:00 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

As you are not interested in Maths. You can choose PCB in class 11th. There are lost of opportunities for PCB students.
You can take admission in following after passing 12th-
MBBS.
BDS.
BHMS.
BAMS.
B.Sci with Biotechnology.
B.Sci with Biochemistry.etc.
If you will opt commerce than you will have following options-
B.Com.
CA.
Accountant etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?