5th May 2017, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

What is exact age required for 2nd standard of CBSE school?

What if school denied admission a child In 2nd std who's turning 7 yr old on 4 th of July 2017? Child's birthdate is 4 th July 2010. Please advice me. What should I do? What is exact age for class 2nd for cbse school? Can you please help me with the right details? Thank you!

10th May 2017, 12:42 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is exact age required for 2nd standard of CBSE school?

Age Criteria Required for getting Admission in 2nd Class of CBSE Board Schools:

Yes, he/ she is eligible for getting admission into 2nd class of CBSE based School.

There is a certain age criteria for getting admission into CBSE based schools. Here is the minimum age criteria that is required.

>> Minimum Age Required - 6 years

>> Maximum Age Allowed - 8 years

As his/ her age is in between 6 to 8 years, I am very sure that he/ she is eligible for getting admission in CBSE schools. Age criteria is considered as on 31st March of the year in which the admission is sought. As she fulfills the required age criteria, I am very sure that your child is eligible to get admission into 2nd standard.
22nd April 2019, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi my son born on OCT 13 - 2013. He studied first standard in International school in SPAIN since the age limit and school starts from September to June concept. He completed his first standard. Now in India we are planning to put him 2nd standard in CBSC school. He is 4 months less for 6 years . Will it create any problem for 10th board exams??
21st May 2019, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is 6yrs 4months studying in 2nd std in Delhi but since we r moving to Mumbai,schools they r giving 1st std..what to plz help
19th June 2019, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

My daughter has completed 1st standard in hometown are in CBSE school and promoted to 2nd standard. Due to my transfer in pune i shifted my family from my home town to pune and accordingly i had taken admission in 2nd standard at pune in well known cbse school. now problem is my daughter old school is not giving Transfer Certificate because i is found that school has unauthorized. Her birthdate is 22.09.2011 . my question is without Transfer Certificate she can get admission in 2nd standard in new school ? or she is eligible directly for admission as per age limit in new school. or advise me.

thanks

jayant
20th July 2019, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

My daughter will be 7 years on 15 August is this is right age for class 2nd to take admission in she is now 6 years 11 months..
22nd August 2019, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello team My daughter age is 7 years born om 20-03-2013 she is in CBSE SCHOOL BADLAPUR AIRSON SCHOOL ..MY QUESTION IS THAT SHE AS PER HER AGE SHE IS FINE IN 2ND STD NOW OR I M JUST PUSHING HER I WANT TRUE ANSWER
16th December 2019, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

My son dob is 14.08.2013. Accordingly CBSE pattern by 1st Apr 2020 his age will be 6years 7months. He is currently studying in UKG. Can he skip 1st standard as he is eligible for 2nd standard. Plz reply.
3rd March 2021, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Now my son is 6 years 3 months as on June 2021 is he eligible for 2 nd standard for cbse pattern plz help me
15th March 2022, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

My son born on 14/6/2016
He is eligible for 2nd class for cbse
He study in class 1st allrady but other school is deny for second standard because
I want to change the school
Pls give suggestions
1st April 2022, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

With out 1std certificate can we 2nd std admission
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?