19th April 2016, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limits of studying 4th standard in CBSE board?

My daughter birth date is 29th July 2008 and she completed 3rd standard in metric in the year of 2015 - 2016.But now we want 4th standard admission in cbse board for the academic year of 2016 -2017.so , is there any possibility to join above mentioned one ? The age criteria of cbse school in tamilnadu differ from school to school so that we want in detail about age critera regarding admission.

Related Questions:
  1. According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?
  2. At what age a 9 years old 4th CBSE student can appear in 10th Board examination?
  3. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  4. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  5. Whether 4th CBSE student is eligible to apply for scholarship?
  6. Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  7. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  8. Why my 9 years old daughter is not eligible for 5th CBSE while she is studying in 4th standard?
  9. Eligibility to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam for a candidate in between 14 to 15 years of age?
  10. Is it good to change board from CBSE to Kerala state while studying in 7th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?
  12. State board syllabus is useful for my kid or should I put him in CBSE board?
  13. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  14. Eligibility to get admission in CBSE for 10 years old 5th standard student?
  15. What are the benefits of studying in IGCSE Board for 4th standard student?
  16. Rules and regulations for admission in CBSE school through Transfer Certificate?
  17. Eligibility for appearing in Xth CBSE exams of 2015?
  18. Is it possible to get Gujarat board school admission in class 11th after completion of 10th in CBSE board?
19th April 2016, 08:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limits of studying 4th standard in CBSE board?

The age limit required to get admission in 4th standard in CBSE Board school is 8 years 6 months. As you have mentioned that age criteria required varies from school to school. Since, your daughter is 8 years old, as per CBSE age criteria, she is not eligible to get admission in 4th standard in CBSE Board school.
19th April 2016, 11:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no fixed age limit to get admission in the Std IV in different CBSE schools.

But as per KV admission procedure, the minimum age limit to get admission in Std I is 5 years 8 months on March 31.

So, she is eligible to get admission in the Std IV in the session 2016-17. For more information visit at the school.
20th April 2016, 12:38 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria Required for getting admission in 4th Class in CBSE School:

CBSE based schools in India follow almost the same age criteria. So you do not need to worry about the age criteria of several CBSE based schools in Tamil Nadu. As far as my knowledge is your daughter is not eligible to get admission in 4th Class. Because she is going to complete 8 years on 29th July 2016. But CBSE age criteria is considered as on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought. As per the rule, the minimum age required is 8 years and the maximum age must not exceed 10 years as on 31st March.
20th April 2016, 08:05 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter birth date is 29th July 2008 and she completed 3rd standard in metric in the year of 2015 - 2016.But now we want 4th standard admission in cbse board for the academic year of 2016 -2017.so , is there any possibility to join above mentioned one ? The age criteria of cbse school in tamilnadu differ from school to school so that we want in detail about age critera regarding admission.
According to the guidelines of CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) a student must have completed the age of 14 to get into 10th standard on the march of 31st of that year and not exceed the age of 16.
On the basis of this a child must start their initial studies which is LKG after the age of 3 years.
Since your daughter was born on 29th july 2008 means she has completed the age of 7 years, it means she is allowed to take admission in 3rd or 4th standard.
20th April 2016, 06:43 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

She needs be the age of 9 years at the time of admission in class 4 as according to the law, any candidate appearing for their 10th board examination, should have attained the age of 15 years as it is the minimum age requirement and therefore according to the rule, your child should be at least the age of 9 years at the time of admission in class 4
21st April 2016, 12:07 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For 1st standard the age limit is 5 – ½ to 6 – ½ years. Then for 4th standard the age limit is 8 – ½ to 9 – ½. The schools will decide the age. You can contact the school you wish to join for more details. The CBSE Board has not fixed any age criteria.
21st April 2016, 03:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

The candidate seeking admission in class 4th of any CBSE School must satisfy the age criteria mentioned to take admission which is the candidates age must be in between 9-10 years, failing in which candidates will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
22nd April 2016, 08:59 PM
IQ14

CBSE has not defined any age limit criteria for class 4th. CBSE has defined the lower age limit criteria for class 10th only. There is no any upper age limit criteria for class 10th. A student must have minimum age of 14 years in class 10th.
A candidate must have minimum 8 years of age in class 4th. When your daughter will be in class 10th then she will be follow the criteria .
17th May 2017, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi, My child born on 25th Dec 2008, he completed 3rd in state board, now we plan for 4th grade on CBSE / ICSE, please conform any age issues.
21st June 2017, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

My daughter's DOB is Aug 12th 2008.At present she is studying 4th grade in Bahrain -CBSE curriculum
Please confirm, whether she is in correct grade as per her DOB.
I am worried about it
28th June 2017, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

My child is studying in class 4 icse board so I am interested in your academy please inform me admission process .and what do you prepare competition
22nd January 2018, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

My daughter's date of birth is 06 Jan 2009 now she is studying can 4th standard. Is her age eligible for 10th board exams? Otherwise we have to repeat the class please help me.
28th March 2018, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Whether affiliated school certificates is required for getting admission in a CBSE school class 5 in West Bengal?
26th April 2018, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

My daughter birth date is 22 august 2008 she is in 4th std. Is she in correct std according to her age? Will she be having problems in choosing some career? Please guide.
23rd August 2018, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

My daughter D.O.B is 27/12/2008 and now she is in 5th standard in CBSE school. Is she in correct std according to her age? Will she be having problems in Xth board Exam?
23rd August 2018, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

My daughter DOB is 27/12/2003 and she is in 5th std. Is she in correct std according to her age? Will she be having problems in Xth Board Exam? Please guide.
13th December 2018, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is 24 august 2010 born is she eligible for 4th standard in CBSE board.
23rd December 2019, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

My son is 25 December 2011 What is the age criteria for class 4 admission in CBSE schools?
Currently he studying in 3 rd stander
11th February 2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying 2nd std in cbse school.we r planning to take him to Europe for one year2020-2021...their educational age limit is different...can I join him in 4 th STD after coming to India..is it possible?
12th June 2020, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying in Grade IV in a CBSE school in Haryana and she was 8 Years 5 months 23 Days as on 31st March 2020. We are trying to change her school however the destination school is refusing to accept her admission stating she is 7 days short on the age criterial. Is there a method to overcome this?
7th October 2020, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying in class 4 and her DOB is 16 sep 2012. Is it according to CBSE guideline or not.
9th April 2021, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for a child to promote from 2nd standard to 4th standard
4th July 2021, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

My daughter DOB is 26.02.2013. Can she be able to get admission in Class 4 of CBSE .
22nd November 2021, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

2013 - nov -18 barth date so my boy is eligible or not eligible ap sports school 2022-2023 academic year
26th March 2022, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

MY SON IS 23.05.2014 BIRTH BUT 26.03.2022 COMPLETED 3RD APRIL11TH 4TH CLASS START TODAY AHE 7 YEARS 10 MOTHS 3 DAYS HE IS ELIGIBLE FOR 4TH AND CONTINUE FOR 10TH STD YEAR 2028 - 29 POSSIBLE..PLEASE REPLY ME SIR
26th May 2022, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

We too ve same doubt sir...My daughter completed 3rd std in Matric school 13.05.2019...Now v planned to do her 4th std in cbse school...in some school thy r giving admission fr 3rd itself but in 1 r 2 cbse schools thy r giving admission for 4th...which 1 is correct pls any 1 of u guide us sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?