22nd August 2015, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

What should I do if failed in Mathematics but qualified in 12th CBSE Board exam?

Sir,
I've appeared with 6 subjects in class 12th CBSE Board exam. My overall result is passed but I am failed in Mathematics. What should I do now? Reply fast please!

27th August 2015, 01:52 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do if failed in Mathematics but qualified in 12th CBSE Board exam?

Once you are deemed as passed you will not be able to sit for the Examination again.
You will not have problem getting admission to colleges as you have your pass certificate and it is not going to be a problem.
You must try and get yourself admitted to the course of your choice in a good college and you must try and get good results there.
If you are able to do this then the blip in your record will not be considered in the future.
27th August 2015, 02:42 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do if failed in Mathematics but qualified in 12th CBSE Board exam?

Any student is not considered pass till the student passes in at least 5 subjects which consists 3 main subject,one language subject and one other.
Students have right to choose more than one extra subject.
If CBSE gives pass certificate even if you haven't passed in Mathematics then also you will be considered pass and you are eligible to carry on your higher studies with this certificate.
If you are not satisfied with the marks that you got in board examination then you can apply for improvement examination to improve your 12th boards examination .
Also, you can choose to get admission in Bachelor's program .
27th August 2015, 06:50 PM
newmoon06

You need to give supplementary exam for Mathematics. I suggest you to clear your Mathematics exam . Because you may face problem later, when you will take admission and at the time of job.
For giving the supplementary exam you need to fill the registration form for this. when you will pass the exam then, you will get the new marks sheet.
Try to work hard for the next time, you will definitely get the success.
Do practice regularly for the of the problems.

So, don't worry and try to clear your exam.
28th August 2015, 02:57 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can either sit for improvement examination and appear for the paper in which you have failed again and try to score well this time, and if not, than you can probaby move forward with your studies.

However, if you are opting for B.Tech or any other Technical courses, it is recommended that you should sit for improvement examination and try to score better this time.
7th October 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

SIR i got compartment in math (year 2015) but passed in overall due to 6th subject physical education now i had passed my math exam with 63 score and thought to apply improvement exam but there was a problem that is my mathematics are not considered as main subject it's is additional subject according to cbse delhi headquarters so MY question can i apply for improvement and jee main next year according math it's my additional subject how my 40% weighttage will be considered ? please sir answer
19th May 2016, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Sc in physics if failed in mathematics but qualified in WBCHSE?
2nd March 2017, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

I want to go in medical field but I failed in math during CBSE 12 board will it affect my carrier
20th March 2017, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I surely know that I am gonna fail in mathematics in my wbbhs exam can I reappear if will pass in my boards as there is optional between maths and biology
29th May 2017, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir my additional subject is maths and i am fail in it
How i can give maths paper again to pass in it

Help me sir please i hardly request to you please sir please suggest me sir

I want to become NDA Officer
30th May 2017, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in two subjects in 12th, can I give the on demand nios exam for the two subjects (physics and maths) only or I have to repeat the whole exam process?
31st May 2017, 01:35 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir my additional subject is maths and i am fail in it
How i can give maths paper again to pass in it

Help me sir please i hardly request to you please sir please suggest me sir

I want to become NDA Officer
There is no big deal if you failed in your additional subject but if you want to pass in it, you can give compartmental examination for that subject.

As far as NDA is concerned, NDA is abbreviated form of National defence Academy which is conducted by UPSC board. It happens twice in a year known as NDA I & II.
Age must lie between 16 to 19.5 years.

For more information visit it's official site www.upsc.gov.in
Thanks.
31st May 2017, 01:53 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Can I study B.Sc in physics if failed in mathematics but qualified in WBCHSE?
Besides language or core subjects, if you have failed in additional subjects than it won't affect you career that much if you are not willing to go in that field.
Since you have failed in mathematics and it is your additional subject, it won't affect your chances of getting admission in any college where you want to study B.Sc in physics.

Still if you want to pass in maths you can reappear through compartmental examination.
Thanks.
31st May 2017, 02:00 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
I want to go in medical field but I failed in math during CBSE 12 board will it affect my carrier
No. Since maths is an additional subject passing of failing in it doesn't matter.
What matters whether you passed in all of your core and language subjects or not.

Still if you want to redeem yourself you can appear for compartmental examination which happens after the declaration of the results.
5th July 2017, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in mathematics of class 12 cbse and my result gets pass. so can I do Bsc(maths) in csjm university
24th June 2018, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in maths but qualified 12 with 5 subjects can I get admission in btech (private)?
22nd September 2018, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

I have 6 subjects in class 12 i.e English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physical Education.If i somehow fail in Maths and pass in rest of the subjects,so as per cbse am i pass or fail?
5th March 2019, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

What If I fail in physics and mathematics? But i have 6 subjects in total eng, phy, chemistry, bio , mathematics and hindi as additional.
17th March 2019, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am worried about my tommarow maths exam .I am commerce student and I choose maths as an additional subject .sir if I fail in this exam will I pass overall
4th May 2019, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

I have 6 subject but I fail in chemistry can I give compartment exam in bechar board
5th May 2019, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for b pharma as I have passed cbsce board with 70% but failed in maths as an additional subject please help
10th May 2019, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

I am from bio science stream of ISC board but I had maths in which I failed , now I wish to pursue B.Com. can I do it ?
10th May 2019, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I am fail in math and due to 6th subject i am pass so i can give compartment or improvement
16th May 2019, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have passed in all five subjects but failed in maths. Can I give the exam in this year 2019?
29th June 2019, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I failed in class 12 optional subject computer science am I qualified for the 12 based govt. Jobs?
9th July 2019, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in mathematics as additional subject and major 5 subject I passed can I give improvement exam next year class 12 science???
9th July 2019, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

If I get failed in mathematics and I passed with major 5 subject can I eligible for give improvement next year science stream
8th June 2020, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in bsc physics if I fail math as additional subject but passed in class 12 exam
14th July 2020, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I failed in mathematics but my additional subject physical education saves me can i eligible to do b com please reply fast
14th July 2020, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

What should I do if I fail in mathematics but qualified in 12thCBSE board exam?plzz help
30th July 2020, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir if i am pass with pcb group and rt in math which is my additional subject.do i get admisson in nit in2020 relaxation...if i am qualify in jee
7th August 2020, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

i was appeared in 2015 for my 12 board exam ,i failed in mathematics but i got overall passing certificate, .next year 2016 i appeared again for maths and passed this time.

my question is , if i fill any job form what should i write my 12 passing year 2015 or 2016 . please guide and suggest me .
23rd July 2021, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

"RT" mean in CBSE 12th Board Marksheet to Repeat Theory, I've got 6 subjects total, I'm pass in 5 subjects but there's "RT" in my Physics Paper. The Result says "PASS". Does that mean I have to give Physics theory again or can I ignore it since I'm Pass anyway?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?