1st March 2018, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

In what way the marks of additional subject added in 10th ICSE marksheet?

Hello friends, I have just entered in 10th standard. I will appear in Board exam next year. I have taken Home Science as an additional subject. But I want to know that how this additional subject’s marks added in marksheet of 10th ICSE Board exam?

17th May 2018, 10:05 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In what way the marks of additional subject added in 10th ICSE marksheet?

In order to understand the answer of your query, you have to understand in which way the total marks are calculated in the marksheet of class 10th exam. Read the below mentioned details to understand it well.

There are total 6 Subjects in ICSE 10th board examination. They are :
1. Mathematics
2.Computer/ P.Ed
3.Hindi ( Regional language)
4.Science ( Physics + Chemistry + Biology)
5.English ( Language + Literature)
6.Social Science ( History/ Civics + Geography )

In these above mentioned subjects, English is a mandatory subject. So, whatever marks you get in English will be added in the marksheet. Then, the best four subjects from the rest subjects marks will be added to the marksheet.
17th May 2018, 09:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In what way the marks of additional subject added in 10th ICSE marksheet?

It will be shown in your mark sheet, just like other subject's marks. There is no difference and these additional subjects are mostly meant for those, who want to study the subject at higher level.

If you are interested in making a career in that same field, then additional subject will play an important role in getting admission at a reputed college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?