2nd September 2016, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate's career will be hampered through NIOS education?

My brother is very weak in Mathematics and right now he is studying in 8th standard. I am thinking to put him in NIOS school as I came to know that there he can get option to avoid Mathematics. But on the other side I am also thinking that, it will hamper his career. Please tell me Is it really hamper his future?

4th September 2016, 10:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate's career will be hampered through NIOS education?

NIOS is a recognized way of completing schooling in distance mode. It is valid for any government job or admission in any degree course from a UGC recognized university.

The only problem with NIOS is in private sector jobs, because most of the MNCs don't consider open schooling qualification. They ask for regular qualification. Hence, if your brother is looking for private sector job then he must avoid NIOS.
5th September 2016, 11:54 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate's career will be hampered through NIOS education?

1. Mathematics is an essential subject upto standard tenth and every student need to have good knowledge of mathematics so that he can excel in studies later on in career no matter whatever stream he chooses at 10+2 level or bachelor's degree.

Second most important thing is that only solution to have command over mathematics or excel in mathematics subject is to practice as much as possible. Instead of changing board of your brother, you should hire a private tutor to teach him first basic concepts then solving examples to let him understand concepts and solution techniques so that he can himself practice questions.

2. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and there is no issues with this board and as this board is also recognized by Central government for secondary and higher secondary education. But escaping from mathematics before tenth standard will create problem in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?