7th March 2017, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc course after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

Today I had got my result of 11 science & I am failed bit I am thinking to do 12 from NIOS so my year is not wasted but little worried about my career as I want to do Ph.D in biochemistry or biophysicist can I get admission in any good college of india for B.Sc than M.Sc & then Ph.D through NIOS 12 mark sheet certificate?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission for B.A after completion of 12th standard from NIOS board? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc course after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  3. Am I eligible to do CA course after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  4. Am I eligible to study abroad after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  5. Am I eligible to do polytechnic course after completion of 10th from NIOS board?
  6. Can I get admission for BSc(Agriculture) in Calcutta University being an NIOS student? Percentage required in 12th to get admission?
  7. Is Sr. Secondary exam of open schooling is equal to CBSE Higher secondary?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in any Government college after completing class 10th from NIOS board?
  9. Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?
  10. Am I eligible to get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy?
  12. Can I appear in AIPMT being an NIOS 12th PCB student?
  13. Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?
  14. Am I eligible to become an IPS officer after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  15. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  16. Am I eligible to join forestry college after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  17. Can I join Indian Army after completion of 12th NIOS with PCM & Language?
  18. Can I study in Australia after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
7th March 2017, 09:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc course after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. It is recognized board and its certificates and marksheet is valid for any entrance exam and higher studies courses. You will not face any problem in undergraduate or post graduate course after 10+2 from NIOS board.

Ministry of Human Resource Department and Government of India has approved this board of secondary and higher secondary examination. You can definitely get admission in good college in Bachelor of Science course after 10+2 from NIOS board.
8th March 2017, 09:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc course after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Today I had got my result of 11 science & I am failed bit I am thinking to do 12 from NIOS so my year is not wasted but little worried about my career as I want to do Ph.D in biochemistry or biophysicist can I get admission in any good college of india for B.Sc than M.Sc & then Ph.D through NIOS 12 mark sheet certificate?
Yes, after completion of 12th standard from NIOS, you can apply for B.Sc course. Because NIOS is a recognized board.

After completion of B.Sc course in Biochemistry, you can apply for M.Sc course in Biochemistry. Then you are eligible for Ph.D course in Biochemistry. Your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.
8th March 2017, 07:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing B.SC. course after completion of your 12th standard from a NIOS Board. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard from a recognized board through regular mode of study are eligible to get admission in B.SC. course in good collleges. Since, you have passed 12th standard from a NIOS board, you can pursue B.SC. course through distance mode of education for pursuing your higher studies.
8th March 2017, 10:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under ministry of HRD.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination and eligible to get admission in various course after 12th from NIOS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?