25th December 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

What is merchant navy and how can I join this?

what is merchant navy and i am join this ...please give me the details for the same

24th May 2013, 01:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is merchant navy and how can I join this?

Merchant Navy is meant for the transport of passengers and cargo over sea. This career on sea provides opportunity to visit and mingle with various countries nationals. You can join merchant navy after10th, or 12th. 10th passed candidates should pursue courses like 4 month Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose (GP) rating, 3 month pre-sea course for deck rating, or 3 month pre-sea course for engine rating.12th passed candidates can join to 3year degree course in Nautical Science or 4 year degree course in Marine Engineering. These courses are offered through institutes such as Training Ship Chanakya, Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), and LBS College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.
29th December 2017, 02:36 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: What is merchant navy and how can I join this?

Merchant Navy is backbone of international trade, carrying cargo all over the world.
# Eligibility for merchant navy :
-> The minimum educational qualification required to apply for deck cadet post is 12 th class pass with physics, mathematics and chemistry as subjects from government approved college or university.
-> Only unmarried male and female candidates are eligible to apply and age limit to apply for this post is 17.5-25 years.
-> And the candidate must complete the ship training course before joining this post in merchant navy.
-> Admission into this post is done by screening test, main exam, medical fitness test and personal interview.
->Physical standards required to apply for this post :
* Height should be 150 cm for male and 145 cm for female candidates.
* Weight must be minimum 42.5 kgs for men and 39 kgs for women candidates.
* Eye sight must be 6/6 in good eye, 6/9 in bad eye for distant vision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?