25th June 2013, 03:40 PM
Shaik Manisha Banu

How can I join Indian Army as officer after B.Tech?

How can i join Indian army as officer after my b.tec? I m a girl so what should i do and what exams i have to pass?

15th May 2015, 01:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army as officer after B.Tech?

To join Indian army or any other defense services after completing your bachelor of technology you will have to compete for the Combined Defense Services examination .

CDS examination are held by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year and are commonly called as CDS I & CDS II .

The CDS has four wings which are as given below :-

*Indian Naval academy ( INA ) .

* Indian Air Force academy ( iAF ) .

* Indian Military academy ( IMA ) .

* Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) .

Eligibility criteria for this examination for your desired wing which is IMA are as following :-

* You must be an Indian resident .

* You must have a bachelor degree from any recognized university with any discipline .

* Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years .

* Mental and physical fitness are required too .

The examination will be held in two steps first is the written examination and second is the Service selection board interview .

For more detailed information and notification about the same visit the website www.upsc.gov.in .
15th May 2015, 06:54 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian army after B.Tech through CDS exam. CDS exam stands for combined defense service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

CDS exam is conducted to join Indian army, Navy, Air force and Officer Training Academy

Education Qualification:

Graduation from a recognized university in science background

Age limit:

Age limit is 19-23 years.

You must be citizen of India.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview
15th May 2015, 11:21 PM
ankit740
Member+

Well friend as you have completed your b.tech and you want to join indian army then you can join in through cds exam.Cds exam is conducted twice in a year by upsc for the recruitment of posts in different defense service.
ELIGIBILITY:
1.You should have completed your graduation from any recognized university.You should have at least secured 60% marks in your graduation.
2.You must have an indian citizenship.
3.Age limit for this exam is 19-24 years.
Thank you
16th May 2015, 02:20 AM
ankit740
Member+

Well friend as you want to join in indian army as an officer then you can join it through cds exam as you have complted your graduation in engineering and the graduate students are eligible for this exam.
ELIGIBILITY:
1.You should have completed your graduation from any recognized university.
2.You should have secured atleast 60% marks in your graduation.
3.Age limit for the exam is 19-14 years.
Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?