10th April 2014, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Chances of getting job after having 6 backlogs?

I m an engg. student having only backlog in 2nd yr and every semester is cleared. In final yr I have 71.38% and aggregate of my degree is first class but due to backlog I m worried if I will get a job or not. I will clear this backlog in 6 months but is their any chances to get a job after having backlog? Please reply me ASAP because this ques is making me very tensed because I need good job.

Related Questions:
  1. Will backlogs affect my job opportunities?
  2. Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  4. Is it true that with backlogs in first year chances of getting jobs are less?
  5. How much percentage is needed to get a call from IIM's? Will my backlogs affect my chances for admission in the IIM's
  6. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  7. What chances are there for me to get selected in Off-Campus Interviews being a candidate of pursuing 7th semester of ECE with 4 backlogs?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for job in public sector companies? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same? I have 64% in B.Tech and had many backlogs
  9. Job available after completing B.Tech Mechanical with 55% and 5 backlogs?
  10. Can I apply for software companies after completing B.Tech with ECE?
  11. Will I be able to get a job until I clear all my 37 backlogs?
  12. How to do MS in Automobile Engineering from Germany? I am doing B.E in Mechanical Engineering -- [New]
  13. Completed B.Tech with Backlogs in 2nd Semester : Can I apply for any job?
  14. Which government job can I get on the basis of my 10th and 12th percentage which is 80%? Is it better to go for higher studies?
  15. Will I get a good job if I have completing B.Tech Mechanical with 55% and 5 backlogs?
  16. Can I apply for a job after studying B.Tech with few backlogs?
  17. What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?
  18. Can I appear for CAT with 7 backlogs in B.Tech IT?
11th April 2014, 02:32 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Chances of getting job after having 6 backlogs?

Yes, it is possible to get a good job once after you clear your backlog. Since you have a decent % you should be able to apply for most of the MNC's but the only drawback now is getting a job as fresher after coming out of college that to taking a six months gap of clearing the paper makes it pretty tough to get a job cause most of the MNC companies recruit freshers only via campus and off-campus drive and only few use to call in to the company for recruiting freshers.

Just try to follow the below points to make sure you will be in right path for your future,

-> Clear the backlog as soon as possible and make sure you get the college completion certificate and start applying for the jobs right away.

-> Try getting contacts from different companies from seniors, relatives and friends so that they can refer you for the fresher job vacancies in the companies.

-> Simultaneously start preparing for the aptitudes and interviews which you need to clear for sure for getting the job. There are N number of books like R.S.Agarwal in the market which will help you to prepare for the aptitude rounds and others as well.

-> Just try this out for next 6 months after clearing your backlog and if you feel that it didn't workout then the next option which you need to process is doing a Post Graduate course in your same domain or MBA if you want your job to be in Managerial side.

-> You can prepare for the PG entrance exams like GATE, CAT etc. while searching for the job so that you will gain more on General aptitudes and other subjects plus prepare for the entrance test as well. Actually people who are good with CAT and other entrance exams can easily clear the companies aptitude round.

-> Make sure you get the PG course done in a good college if you are going to do it so that you can get the job in your campus placement itself rather coming out and searching for it again.

So, for all the above there only one thing which is needed from your throughout that is HARD WORK. Past mistakes are already gone and what you have now is present so make sure you won't repeat any of the mistakes again.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?