17th May 2011, 04:13 AM
arif002

Procedure to join Indian Navy after completing HSC?

I want to be a part of Indian navy,i have completed h.s.c throught Science stream.So could u please send me a application form and please guide me throught the procedure for submittion of form and the procedure to join navy,with pride and honour..

17th May 2011, 08:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Navy after completing HSC?

CRITERIA OF NDA EXAM-

1)After completing 12th,You are Eligible To Apply for NDA Exam

2)the age should between16 1/2 To 19 yrs

3)Minimum Acceptable height is 157.5 cms(162.5 cms for Air force)

LAST DATE OF RECEIPT APPLICATION :- 09.05.11

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2011, 11:10 AM
Ankur agrawal

Hii

After completing your higher secondary exam you may apply for NDA is a direct chance to enter in the Indain Defence..

If you want to go for futher study then choose any one stream then go for the study after that you also apply for the Defence ..

Thanks,
ankur
17th May 2011, 04:02 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
If you want to join Indian Navy after +2, the best thing you can do is to join Naval Academy through NDA & NA exam conducted by UPSC.
The examination is conducted twice a year.
The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for the exam is +2 passed with physics and mathematics.
The minimum eligible age is 16 1/2 years and the maximum age limit is 19 years.
The last date to apply this year has already expired.
To apply next year, keep yourself updated by visiting the official website of UPSC.
4th June 2011, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

I want detail info about the degree courses offered in Indian Nevy....
with criteria
12th July 2011, 01:13 PM
aruramac
Junior Member+

This table gives information on various types of entries for the Executive, Logistics & Education Branch of Indian Navy

Type of Entry
Unmarried

Men / Women
Age Limit
Educational Qualification

EXECUTIVE, LOGISTICS & EDUCATION BRANCH

National Defence Academy (NDA)
(Through UPSC)
Men
16½ – 19
10+2 or equivalent with Physics & Maths

(10+2) Executive
Naval Academy, Goa
(Through UPSC)
Men
16½ – 19

Graduate Special Entry Scheme (GSES)
Naval Academy, Goa
(Through UPSC)
Men
19 – 22
B.Sc (Physics & Maths) or BE

NCC Special Entry
Naval Academy, Goa
Men
19 – 24
B.Sc (Physics & Maths) or BE with Naval Wing Senior Div NCC ‘C’ Certificate

Direct Entry

Naval
Armament Inspection (NAI) Cadre
Men
19½ – 25
Degree in Electronics / Elect / Mech Engg or Post Graduate Degree in Electronics or Physics

Direct Entry

Law Cadre
Men
22 – 27
A Degree in Law qualifying for enrolment as an Advocate under the Advocates Act 1961 with minimum 55% marks

Short Service Commission (SSC) Executive/ Hydrography
Men
19½ – 25
Graduate (with Physics & Maths at 10+2 with 55% marks).

SSC -ATC
Men & Women *
19½ – 25
Ist Class Science Graduate with Physics & Maths or

MSc with Physics or Maths with minimum of 55% marks.

SSC Law Cadre

Men & Women *
22 – 27
A Degree in Law qualifying for enrolment as an Advocate under the Advocates Act 1961 with minimum 55% marks

SSC Logistics Cadre
Men & Women*
19½ – 25
B.A (Economics), B.Com or B.Sc (Physics and Maths) or BSc(IT), CA/ ICWA, Catering Technology or

BCA/ MCA, or B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Computers, IT, Architecture with minimum 60% marks.

EDUCATION BRANCH

Permanent Commission (PC)

Short Service Commission (SSC)

Men

Men & Women*

21 – 25

21 – 25

A Master’s Degree in following with at least 50% marks

Physics (with Maths in B Sc) or
Maths (with Physics in B Sc)
OR

B.E/ B.Tech in Mech/ Electrical/ Electronics IT/ Computer Science with 60% marks.

The duration of Short Service Commission is 10 years, extendable to 14 years.
The above information is subject to change. The training of officers selected through the above entries normally commences in the month of Feb/August every year. Advertisements calling for applications from eligible candidates are published in Employment News and important Newspaper in Apr/May and Sep to Nov. The selection procedure includes UPSC Examination [for NDA, 10+2 (X) and Graduate Special Entry], interview at Services Selection Board and medical examination.
Women* implies that it is a Short Service Commission for Women
4. Further information can also be obtained from:
Directorate of Manpower Planning and Recruitment, Naval Headquarters, New Delhi-110011
Phones : (011) 23010151
Fax : (011) 23011282

This table gives information on different types of Officers-Cadre Entries for the Enginering Branch of Indian Navy

1. ENGINEERING BRANCH (Permanent Commission)

2. ENGINEERING BRANCH (Marine Engineers)

Cadet Entry (NDA)
Men
16½ – 19

Cadet Entry 10+2 (Tech)
Men
16½ – 19
10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Maths ( minimum 75% marks in aggregate of PCM, minimum 50% marks in English either in 10th or 12th class

University Entry Scheme (SSC)
Men
19 – 24
Final Year students of Marine / Mech / Aeronautical / Control / Metallurgical / Production Engineering with minimum 60% upto VIth Semester.

Short Service Commission
Men
19½ – 25
A Degree in Marine / Mech / Aeronautical / Control / Metallurgical / Production Engineering or any other qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers (India) as equivalent to a degree course with minimum 55% marks.

Short Service Commission (Submarine)
Men
19½ – 25
A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers (India) as equivalent to a degree course with minimum 55% marks.

3. ENGINEERING BRANCH (Naval Architects)

10+2 (Tech) Cadet Entry
Men
16½ – 19
10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Maths (minimum 75% marks in aggregate of PCM, minimum 50% marks in English either in 10th or 12th class)

Short Service Commission Entry
Men & Women*
21 – 25
A Degree in Naval Architecture / Mech /Aeronautical / Civil / Metallurgical Engg with 60% marks

Note: A new Entry – Direct Entry (Submarine Cadre) (Short Service Commission) has also been intoduced, the eligibility criteria for which is the same as that of Direct Entry (Short Service Commission).

This table gives information on different types of Officers-Cadre Entries for the Electrical Branch of Indian Navy

Electrical Branch Permanent Commission

Cadet Entry (NDA)
Men
16 ½-19
10+2 or equivalent with Physics,Chemistry & Maths

10+2 (Tech) Cadet Entry
Men
16 ½-19
10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Maths (minimum 70% marks in aggregate of PCM, minimum 50% marks in English either in 10th or 12th class)

Direct Entry
Men
19 ½-25
A Degree in Elect/Electronics/Avionics / Computer / Telecommunication Engg or any other qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers (India) or Institution of Telecommunication Engineers (India) as equivalent to a degree course

Note: Short Service Commission Entry – Direct Entry (Submarine Cadre) and (General Service) also exist. The eligibility criteria for which is the same as Direct Entry.

Career for Doctors and Dentists

Branch / Type of Entry
Age Limit
Educational Qualifications

Army Medical Corps (AMC) – Includes Medical Branch of Indian Navy

Short Service Commission
AMC (Army Medical Corps)
45 Years
1. Applicants must posses a medical qualification of an Indian University or a foreign medical qualification recognised by the Medical Council of India. They must also be registered with any of the state councils or equivalent registering authority.
2. Incentives: An antedate of 3 years seniority for post graduates and 2 years for post graduate diploma recognised by MCI and 6 months for a house job, done at a recognised hospital to fresh entrants.
3. A doctor who has done a house job and also a post graduate qualification will be eligible for a maximum antedate seniority of 42 months.

More Information: Selection is held once a year in Jul / Aug at Delhi. Advertisement published in National / Regional newspapers in Mar/Apr every year. For details contact DGAFMS, L-Block, Post DHQ, New Delhi 110011

AFMC Cadet Entry
(MBBS course after which commission is granted in AMC)
1. 17 – 22 Years
2. 24 Years
1. 10+2 with PCB securing not less than 60% of aggregate marks together and not less than 50% in any of these subjects.
2. BSc

More Information: Selection is is held once a year through a written exam on all India basis followed by an interview at Pune. 50% cadets are granted SSC after passing out. Advertisement published in National / Regional newspapers in Jan every year.

Army Dental Corps (ADC) – Includes Dental Branch of Indian Navy

Direct Permanent Commission
28 Years for BDS
30 Years for MDS
1. BDS with minimum 60% marks in final year / MDS from a recognised College or University
2. Should have completed one year rotatory internship recognised by the Dental Council of India
3. Should be in possession of Permanent Dental Registration Certificate

Short Service Commission
45 Years
1. BDS with minimum 55% marks in final year / MDS from a recognised College or University
2. Should have completed one year rotatory internship recognised by the Dental Council of India
3. Should be in possession of Permanent Dental Registration Certificate

More Information: Selection is held once a year in Jun / Jul at Delhi. Advertisement published in National / Regional newspapers in Mar/Apr every year. For details contact DGAFMS (Dental), Room No. 28, L-Block, Post DHQ, New Delhi 110011 Telephone: 91-11-23018678

Lady Officers (AMC / ADC) have equal professional opportunities as males for a regular career. The duration of Short Service Commission is minimum 5 years which may be extended to 10 years at the discretion of the Government.

Note: The above information is only a guidance and subject to change without notice
31st July 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i will passed HSC year 2011 i got 58% after 12th i join 1st year engineering but i will join navy this year 2011
19th August 2011, 06:37 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend ...

Ya of course you can join the Indian navy after the HSC board exam.For this you have to give the NDA entrance exam.So you have to fill the NDA from and then give the exam and if you qualify then you xan join the Indian Navy.You can purchase the NDA form from the head post offices of your area. Below I have provided the eligibility criteria for the NDA entrance exam you can go through that.

Eligibility for NDA

NDA is the entrance exam for the admission in the India's NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY.
The NDA exan is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. One you clear all the exams in the NDA then you get a job under the government of India. After a training of one year after selection you get the permanent job.

The eligibility for the NDA exam is that one should have passed the 10+2 board exam from a recognized board , it is for the Army wing only.
But for the Air Force and the Navy you have to pass the 10+2 board exam from the recognized board and should have maths and physics as the compulsory subjects in the 10+2 board exam.

The age criteria is from 16.5 years to 19 years for the general category students.
Also there is upper age relaxation for the OBC of 3 years and for the SC/St there is 5 years of age relaxation on the upper age limit.

Even I have attached the detailed info about the NDA exam you can have a look at it.And for other details you can visit the official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope this would have cleared your doubts.

Best of luck for your future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA details.pdf(119.0 KB, 99 views)
22nd November 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

after hsc how can i join navy without giving nda exam
16th January 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 63%in commerce stream my dreams to join indian nayy iam study BMSfirst year
22nd January 2012, 12:44 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

FRIEND,

No you cannot Join INDIAN NAVY at an age of 23 years because after graduation the age upto which you can fill or apply for the CDS examination is 22 years.

So friend sorry to say that you are not eligible for the INDIAN NAVY.

For Naval and Air Force : You have to complete your Engineering degree or B.sc with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects.

For Naval the age criteria is::: 19 to 22 years

But you can try for INDIAN ARMY and become an officer and the age criteria for the INDIAN ARMY is up-to

For IMA : 19 to 24 Years
For OTA : 19 to 25 years

For IMA/OTA : You have to complete your Graduation in any discipline form a recognised Board.

You must be a citizen of INDIA.

You must be physically fit.

THE SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:

English 100 marks
General Knowledge 100 Marks
Elementary Mathematics 100 Marks

->Elementary mathematics is not for the OTA students.

GOOD LUCK.
15th February 2012, 09:41 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif002 View Post
I want to be a part of Indian navy,i have completed h.s.c throught Science stream.So could u please send me a application form and please guide me throught the procedure for submittion of form and the procedure to join navy,with pride and honour..
Hey friend,

Yeah it's possible for you to get into Indian navy after completing +2.

The option of you getting into Indian Navy right after completing HSC is by writing :
  • NDA Exam
  • Indian Navy Sailors (Direct Entry)

There are several other criteria's which you need to satisfy for writing these exams.

For NDA:

> The candidate need to be a citizen of India

> The candidate must be a unmarried male candidate

> The age limit for the NDA Exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years.

> Education qualification for the NDA Exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with fair percentage.

> The candidate need to physically fit while appearing for the NDA Exam.

For Indian Navy Sailors:

> The candidate need to be a citizen of India

> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for the exam

> Age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 17-20 years of age.

> Education qualification for the exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 with 50% aggregate with physics and mathematics as subjects.

ALL THE BEST
15th February 2012, 10:56 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

After completing HSC it is possible to join in Indian Navy by clearing an exam conducted by UPSC. The exam is named as NDA exam which can be expanded as National Defense Academy exam. For joining in Indian Navy through NDA exam you must be an Indian Citizen, and your age must be above 16.5 years to 19years. You must have passed your 12th std with physics, Chemistry and maths as one of your main subjects.
15th February 2012, 11:11 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

AFter complete your HSC you go for
Criteria:-

*Candidate pass 12th
*Age- 16.5 to 19 years...

Good Luck...........
30th March 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed before some days my HSC in scienc
40% for pcm and total % is 47%
than can i join indian navy ?
4th September 2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for NDA exam at the age of 20..??
30th May 2015, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my hsc with 56% am i eligible for indian navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?