28th June 2015, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and entrance exam to join Indian Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) candidate?

Hello,
I am completing my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and I want to join the Indian Navy. Can you please tell me the procedure step by step to join the Indian Navy and what type of entrance exam I have to face?

Related Questions:
  1. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in IT?
  3. Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?
  4. Admission procedure of joining Merchant Navy after completing of IT engineering course? Is there any entrance exam to be answered?
  5. Credentials required to apply in Indian Navy? Entrance exam and best place to do course?
  6. How can I join Indian Navy as an Officer? Is there any entrance exam for it?
  7. Procedure to join Indian Navy after completion of Graduation in B.Com? Required Marks in Graduation to join Navy?
  8. Can I apply for Indian Navy after passing 12th from NIOS?
  9. What is the procedure to join Indian navy after completion of diploma in Civil engineering?
  10. How can I join Indian Navy being a candidate having Color Blindness?
  11. How to join Indian Navy being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Sc in Electronics & Communications? Procedure to apply for Navy?
  12. Procedure to join Indian Navy after completing HSC?
  13. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  14. How can I apply for Indian Navy job if taken Commerce in +2?
  15. Can I join Indian Navy after my graduation in mechanical engineering
  16. Can I join Indian Navy after completing BSc in Statistics? I am interested in Indian Navy
  17. Procedure to apply for Indian Navy having secured 48% in 12th?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 10th being a female candidate?
29th June 2015, 11:37 PM
mwh

Default Re: Procedure and entrance exam to join Indian Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) candidate?

UPSC conducts entrance exam for graduation completed candidates twice every year.
CDSE(Combined defence service exam)
through this exam candidates can be selected for indian army,indian navy,indian airforce.
Selection process:
written exam
medical test
interview
eligibilities for CDSE:
candidate should complete graduation from recognised university.
Age should be between 20 to 27 years.
After passing written exam,you will have medical exam after passing medical exam, an interview will be conducted if you pass in it .you will recruit to indian navy.
29th June 2015, 11:46 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and entrance exam to join Indian Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am completing my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and I want to join the Indian Navy. Can you please tell me the procedure step by step to join the Indian Navy and what type of entrance exam I have to face?
Indian Navy is one of the defence force of India and to join in this force there are entrance exams which are needed to be applied based on the eligibility which you possess. Having completed B.tech in Mechanical Engineering, you can apply for CDS exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year for candidates to join in defnce forces of India.

The eligibility needed for applying for CDS exam are:

~ The nationality standard states that candidate should have a citizenship in India

~ Age limit needed is 19-22 years for joining in Indian Navy

~ The educational qualification needed for joining in in Indian Navy is, candidate should have completed a degree in Engineering from a recognized university.

~ Apart from all this candidate need to be physically fit.

The candidates who satisfy all these above criteria is eligible for applying for the CDS exam and can apply through:

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th June 2015, 01:04 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
You have completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering so you are eligible for Indian Navy through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
30th June 2015, 08:42 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Navy after completion of your B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), you need to appear in CDS entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-22 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

You can apply for CDS examination through online mode by visiting UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/
30th June 2015, 08:56 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

-You can join Indian Navy though CDS exam after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering. CDS exam stands for Combined Defense Services which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

CDS exam is conducted to join following:

Indian Military Academy

Navel Academy

Air Force Academy

Officer Training Academy

Eligibility:

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university in science stream. Appearing in examination are also eligible.

Your age should be between 19-24 years.

You must be citizen of India.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
30th June 2015, 10:49 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Entrance exam to join Indian Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) candidate is Combined Defence Services Examination.

Procedure to join Indian Navy :

Written Exam : It is of 300 marks.

English (Objective type) : 100 Marks
General Knowledge : (Objective type) : 100 Marks
Elementary Mathematics (Objective type) : 100 Marks

Interview :
After passing Written exam candidate have to face the Interview round.

Medical : Selected candidates from Interview Round have to go through Medical test. This is the last step of selection procedure.

Age limit : 19 to 22 years

Educational Qualification : Candidate must have completed his B.Tech from any recognised university.

Please find the attachment for the syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAMINATION.pdf(34.8 KB, 22 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?