13th January 2015, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Will my son considered to be NRI if he has a valid visa of UAE to study in India?

We are the NRI parents from karnataka, India and our son studied in chennai 9th and 10th. Karnataka school says he is coming under NRI quota and not managment quota as he having a valid visa of UAE. can you clarify whether he belong to NRI quota or management quota.

Merlyn

[email protected]

14th January 2015, 09:10 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will my son considered to be NRI if he has a valid visa of UAE to study in India?

Yes, he is considered as a NRI candidate, because he was a child of NRI parents and a candidate, who has a VISA of UAE. So, he can get admission in any school only through NRI Quota. Some schools even offer admissions to NRI candidates under Management quota, when they have a lot of vacant seats. So, you can try in such schools, to get admission for your child, under management quota.
14th January 2015, 03:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will my son considered to be NRI if he has a valid visa of UAE to study in India?

Your son will be automatically considered as NRI, if you are a NRI. Since, your son has a study visa which is obtained from UAE, your son will be considered as a NRI candidate. So, he does not belong to Management quota and he belongs to NRI quota as said by the School Management..
9th April 2023, 08:58 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

If your son holds a valid visa of UAE, he may be considered as an NRI (Non-Resident Indian) candidate for admission to colleges and universities in India. However, the specific admission criteria may vary depending on the individual institution's policies and guidelines.
30th April 2023, 11:47 AM
Ar_pit

Yes, your son is considered as a NRI candidate. If your son has an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card, he will be considered as an NRI. Also, if your son's parents are NRIs, then he can also be considered as an NRI for admission purposes in some educational institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?